Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disappointed - ordered iphone 6 plus and got iphone 6 - now waiting

shareque
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered the iphone 6 plus a week and a bit ago and told the customer service representative 3 times that i want the iphone plus, 128gb model, in gold, and on the 7gb (£58.50) plan for 12 months. she kept reconfirming which should have really raised alarm bells, but it didnt. Sure enough on the 19th, when the iphone launched they sent me the new iphone (great tracking and information on that by the way. I cant fault vodafone on that). So when i opened it, it looked strange that the package didnt say iphone 6 plus but on the other hand, the package did look different to the previous models anyway so i thought maybe its just a new thing apple did. When i finally opened the package the phone looked much smaller than i anticipated so i took the ruler out and realised that its the 4.7 and not the 5.5inch model, ie iphone 6 rather than the plus. I called the next morning (as i only opened my phone late at night after i came home) and surely they insisted i made a mistake ordering and that they are out of the phone and cant do anything until they get more in stock. So i should call again next week to order. When i asked if they can just send one out when they have it in stock they told me they cant do it. So i called again today and now have been told that i will have to call in again on Tuesday afternoon as they wont have new stock until then. The system issue is as they can only take new orders for new phones but not exchanges. So now i am going to have to call again in a day's time while i have been paying the new tariff (a whopping £45 a month above my last tariff) since the day i ordered. I am scared to use the phone they sent me as i am worried if i scratch it for some reason they will charge me for it (as the case i ordered clearly doesnt fit the iphone 6 but the plus).. I can see on their site that vodafone will credit £5 per week for everybody who had to upgrade early to new contract but didnt receive their iphone yet, but in my case i am probably have to rely on them sending me a replacement some time ove rthe next week, when it is available (as new customers will probably be served first rather than people who have been on their network for several years) and pay the premium for an upgraded significantly more expensive phone contract without the actual phone. I am not happy, especially as i felt it was me who made the mistake ordering the wrong phone AND that new customers could get a phone but that anybody suffering from Vodafone's own mistake should wait.

12 REPLIES 12

So called the Vodafone CS three times in past two days, Monday i was told by somebody that stock will be in on Tuesday, and that i should call around 3-4pm and they will be able to dispatch it for next day delivery. Then spoke to somebody on Tuesday at 2pm who said that stock didnt arrive and that it is expected Wednesday morning, so that i should call back on Wednesday around 1pm. I called again at 3pm on Tuesday to see if that was a misinformation and i was told that they were told last week that they will get stock on Monday (!!!) and that they should tell people from tuesday so that they have enough time to update their systems, but then were told on Monday morning that stock will not arrive until Thursday. What? That's not what i have been told two hours before.The CS rep advised to call after 2 but before 4pm on Thursday so that they can dispatch it for next day delivery.

I called just now to see if the person on Tuesday morning was correct, and now i have to wait 1hr 37min until i get a call back (usually have to add 30mins to that before i actually get a call back). This is beyond ridicolous. I assume mor epeople were given the stock is back in on Wednesday line by CS reps. A week ago i was praising Vodafone for making this so seamless, but now its just getting frustrating.

Wonderful! Just got a Vodafone CS rap tell me that everything everybody told me so far was wrong, that i need to return the phone, that they will then contact me once they received the phone to put in a new order for the iphone 6 plus, which by the way wont mean that i will be one of the prioritised people as i ordered on 12th September but as it was my mistake that they sent me the wrong phone, i will be put at the back of the queue, and that i can wait 3-6 weeks for the new phone to arrive. They will pro rated credit me back anything i havent used from my data allowance between the 19th and the day they receive the phone back and that i will then be on the new tariff from that day onwards, ie i will pay £58 for waiting for 3-6 weeks for a new phone effectively charging me a premium of £60-£90 for being with Vodafone. No thanks. Been with Vodafone for 6 years and after they lied to me last time in the store (i can downgrade on my 18 month contract after 9 month if i find that i am using less than the bought allowance. You cant until 18 month are over) i thought i give them a last chance. Will take my business elsewhere. Maybe simfree. I rather wait 4 weeks and continue to use my iphone 5 than to be treated like c r a p by VF CS. Awful awful customer service.   

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi shareque,

I’m sorry to hear of this experience you’re having.

For the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, we’re offering an exchange policy (within 14 days).

Please call 191 from your mobile to arrange this.

Thanks,

Gemma