Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disappointed - ordered iphone 6 plus and got iphone 6 - now waiting

shareque
2: Seeker

I ordered the iphone 6 plus a week and a bit ago and told the customer service representative 3 times that i want the iphone plus, 128gb model, in gold, and on the 7gb (£58.50) plan for 12 months. she kept reconfirming which should have really raised alarm bells, but it didnt. Sure enough on the 19th, when the iphone launched they sent me the new iphone (great tracking and information on that by the way. I cant fault vodafone on that). So when i opened it, it looked strange that the package didnt say iphone 6 plus but on the other hand, the package did look different to the previous models anyway so i thought maybe its just a new thing apple did. When i finally opened the package the phone looked much smaller than i anticipated so i took the ruler out and realised that its the 4.7 and not the 5.5inch model, ie iphone 6 rather than the plus. I called the next morning (as i only opened my phone late at night after i came home) and surely they insisted i made a mistake ordering and that they are out of the phone and cant do anything until they get more in stock. So i should call again next week to order. When i asked if they can just send one out when they have it in stock they told me they cant do it. So i called again today and now have been told that i will have to call in again on Tuesday afternoon as they wont have new stock until then. The system issue is as they can only take new orders for new phones but not exchanges. So now i am going to have to call again in a day's time while i have been paying the new tariff (a whopping £45 a month above my last tariff) since the day i ordered. I am scared to use the phone they sent me as i am worried if i scratch it for some reason they will charge me for it (as the case i ordered clearly doesnt fit the iphone 6 but the plus).. I can see on their site that vodafone will credit £5 per week for everybody who had to upgrade early to new contract but didnt receive their iphone yet, but in my case i am probably have to rely on them sending me a replacement some time ove rthe next week, when it is available (as new customers will probably be served first rather than people who have been on their network for several years) and pay the premium for an upgraded significantly more expensive phone contract without the actual phone. I am not happy, especially as i felt it was me who made the mistake ordering the wrong phone AND that new customers could get a phone but that anybody suffering from Vodafone's own mistake should wait.

12 REPLIES 12

shareque

reading through experiences of other customers i must say i seem to be one of the lucky ones..at least i got a phone ..even if its the wrong one...

they have supposedly more in stock Tuesday, i was advised to call after 4pm.

SkylineLvr
8: Helper
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Just so you know, the iPhone 6 Plus box only says iPhone 6 and they are all white. I was a bit nervous when I got mine as I was expecting a black or grey box. The sticker on the back did say iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey, so I knew I was good. Hopefully you get the right phone soon.
  • Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7

@SkylineLvr When and how did you pre-order yours? I'm just curious

shareque
On Friday 12th around 3pm

SkylineLvr
I originally ordered on the 12th at 9:20 a.m. After waiting a few hours and not receiving a confirmation email, nor did my plan upgrade, I decided to reorder. It was 2:30 p.m. and confirmation arrived 20 min later. My plan also immediately changed and I had no available upgrades.

I did all this online and had it delivered to my house, although delivery was another story.
  • Previous phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black Slate
  • Current phone: iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Grey
  • Next phone: Possibly the iPhone 7

@SkylineLvr I ordered an iPhone Plus 128GB Space Grey around 9:30am on Sunday 14th... I just hope it arrives Friday or before, as I'm going away to university on the Saturday.

Nicster
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Had exactly the same issue, ordered a 64gb plus and got send a 64gb iphone 6. Paid out extra to have delivered at weekend. Staff on phone where unapologetic, one chap quizzed me why I couldn't just keep the one they'd sent because the only difference was the size. Hilarious. I'd had no email or text confirmation of my order so there was no way I could have picked up error prior to delivery. The only info I got was the wep number and that's only because I had endured a cringeworthy live chat with someone who was more intent on finding out what I was doing at the weekend than helping me out. Had to reorder and redo all the contract process, feel massively annoyed having been a customer for years and years. Now facing a wait of weeks because of this, when I ordered as early as I could to try and secure release day delivery.

Spoke to Vodafone custoemrservice again today and they told me that they dont have any stock for exchanges today and that i may call back tomorrow to see if they have more in stock. However if i got a new contract today they could get it sent out today?

DD
11: Established
11: Established

You have 14 days, from receipt,  to do the exchange I believe so hopefully the stock will be in by then.. 

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.