Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disappointed

Ramsay
7: Helper
Hi Got a phone call today from vodafone offering me a deal to upgrade my iPhone 5 tariff to 4g for an extra £5 per month. The pleasant fellow then went on to describe this deal which would include the usual extras, sky sports, or netflix or spottily and an extra data allowance. As a current netflix subscriber he offered to take over the payments for 6 months. All sounded pretty good until I pointed out to him that I was pretty sure that the iPhone 5 did not support 4g on vodafone. Major backtrack ensued where he said oh it's the 5 you have not the 5s. He then tried to persuade me on the strength of the netflix deal and the data. I stated that as I don't use the data I have now on 3g but would have used the extra on 4g, and that the netflix deal would have saved me a massive 99p, I turned the deal down but came away from the whole thing feeling that if i had not been in the know would I have been duped into taking this deal? As a loyal vodafone customer for some 15 years I was extremely disappointed by this less than honest approach. I post as a heads up to others who have iPhone 5 and are offered this. I will also be looking at my options come upgrade time.
4 REPLIES 4

Ramsay

Sorry posted this in wroing place.  Could moderator move to the Iphone 5 thread.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Not a problem - you thread has been moved to the iPhone 5 section as you requested.

PWIAC

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Ramsay,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like a training issue and that advisors should double check the phone you have before upselling your price plan on the basis of getting 4G.

Of course there are other benefits such as entertainment packs and increased data allowances that will suit some users, even without a 4G device.

I’m sorry that you feel this way and hope we have the chance to put it right when you come to upgrade.

Thanks,

Simon

Thanks for your respone Simon.  Your comments are appreciated.

Ramsay