cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does iPhone 6 locked to Vodafone UK, work on Vodafone regions elsewhere?

SunnyK8547
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. Can someone please help me. My Iphone 6 seems to be locked to Vodafone UK. I rang customer services in UK and asked if my phone would work on Vodafone India Sim and they double checked the information and said yes it would (without any kind of unlocking). However, I am in India at the moment and I am having issues activating my phone. It says 'Sim Not Valid'. 

Also, I had given the request for unlock to Vodafone few days ago. I did this just in case I had an issue like this. 

Another interesting thing is that My phone is OPEN to all UK Networks i.e. I can use other UK network sim cards in it. But according to Apple and Vodafone, It is locked to Vodafone Uk. 

It is a very confusing situation. Can anyone help out there Please?

11 REPLIES 11

I guess its a very tricky situation.

What is the Best way to chat to a vodafone customer services agent while abroad? I tried their calling from abroad number on the website and also tried the chat. Chat doesnt work and keeps saying 'try again later'. I couldnt get them on the phone either.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

To use Live Chat you need to be using a PC or a laptop as it does not work from a mobile decide.