Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Don't receive SOME texts

hc4rty
1: Seeker

My son has an iPhone 5C, still in contract so can't change it.  Occasionally I can send him texts and he doesn't get any of them.  Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't.  This is causing a few arguments as I am trying to contact him when he is out and he doesn't reply.  He's showed me his phone so I can see they haven't gone through.  Any ideas?  

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @hc4rty

Even though he's still in Contract he can change the phone anytime via purchasing an unlocked to all networks or locked to Vodafone handset. 

A few questions if I may.   :Smiling:

Are you possibly sending long texts or ones with emoticons in which could be converting the normal SMS text into a mms text.

Mms texts are not part of a texting Bundle and are charged for and sometimes the account holder needs to have this provisioned on their account for it to work. 

Sometimes when this issue is happening a sim swap can help which any Vodafone shop can do to replace the SIM card. This could apply to both parties. Although if texts are sending to other contacts ok then it's slim it's the SIM card at issue. 

Can you and your son try your SIM cards in another phone to test them as It maybe the phones themselves. 

Although sometimes texts are getting through it maybe beneficial just to check both phones call / text blocking facilities to ensure the number hasn't been accidentally added. 

What type of phone are you using ? I ask because if you've recently moved from an iPhone to another type then a person sometimes has to de register from iMessage for texts to properly work. 

Sometimes mast congestion / mast signal if weak can hinder the sending of text messages. Try rebooting the phone by turning them Off and back On. 

Please dont take this the wrong way but is it possible he's deleting texts and saying to you he didn't get them. Again I'm not saying he is.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

HI.  

I know what you mean (about whether he had deleted the texts !) but I don't think so as when I asked if he got them he seemed suprised and looked and his phone and then proudly showed me had hadn't got anything - so I don't think so.  This has happened before. 

I use a samsung galaxy s5 and he has an iphone 5C.   i will try and find out if my number is blocked - although when I phone my son it's fine. ??

BandOfBrothers

Ok that's fair enough but I felt it a question that was warranted.  :Winking_smiley:

Can you ask him to turn off imessage off in his iPhones settings to see if that makes a difference. Possibly not but worth checking. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.