Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Early impressions..

DD
11: Established
11: Established

I;ve upgraded from a 6 plus to the 6S plus and my early impressions are as follows. Pleased to hear what you think of the new phone. 

Positives:

Camera is far better

More solid in build quality

Negatives:

Battery life seems to be less

3d touch at the moment feels a bit of a gimmick. 

IOS9.0.1 feels bogged down and slow.

In general, I would not have rushed to upgrade from the 6 to the S as there really isn;t that much increase in functionality to justify the extra £££ spent on the unit.

(That said I won;t be returning it as hope that the 3d touch, at the least, gets better with time and as apps develop.) Also hope that the IOS 9.1 sorts out all the issues.. especially the ability to backup the icloud over wifi. 

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

14 REPLIES 14

A1000
9: Established

@DD interesting points you make.  I jumped from a 5S to a 6S plus which was a bit more of a leap of faith due to the size increase.  So far the larger device has worked ok although it is a significant change both +ve and -ve.

My main reason for upgrade was the improved camera which has really met expectations so far and the battery life which for me is a step up.

3D touch - I'm liking particularly when I'm trying to do something one handed, such as make a call.  Maybe will become essential as it becomes subconscious.

Agree with you, it feels really well built and the screen quality when next to my 5S is noticeably better.  Also if it is pretty water resistant (see Youtube water test).

I agree with you I had an issue with the speed and hanging in IOS 9.0.1, it was an issue on my 5S and probably ported across to the 6S during the build so have had to do a complete restore which seems to have improved it so far.

All in all a good upgrade but as with much of the advice in the media it's and easier call from a 5S than a 6 as you say.

A1000
9: Established

The other improvement is in the faster 4G LTE due to a chip upgrade in the 6S.  Below is the fastest I've seen in Central London wrt to download, although it is still pretty inconsistent and regularly drops back to 3G and E.

IMG_5873.JPG

I've upgraded from the 6 Plus to the 6s Plus.

Before I swapped devices last week I was using iOS 9.1 Public Beta and it was what iOS 8 should've been in the first place.

Whenever it's officially released you'll notice an improvement in battery life and overall performance.

A1000: unfortunately your screenshot is blank on my computer; what speeds did you get?

Where I am (in Derby) we aren't LTE-A yet but am looking forward to it being rolled out.

My highest recorded speed (in Ashbourne) was just shy of 70 d/l!

94Mbs download & 21Mbs upload  

The highest I'd seen before was just high 40's up and down but that was outside of London where there were likely to be no other users at the time.

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Wow that's some impressive speeds @A1000, best i've seen on 4G is around 60Mbps

EDIT: PS I've approved your screenshot so everyone should be able to see it now

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Ive contemplated a lot about moving from my iPhone 6 Plus to the iPhone 6s Plus and have visited my  Store a few times and used the demo models for a while. 

The 3D Touch does at first take a little adjusting to get used to it. At the moment it's only for certain apps but as developers adjust their apps I'm sure it'll come into its own and be useful for gaming too. 

The extra 1gb of Ram certainly helps making it @2gb. This helps with the issue of open Safari pages re loading but to be honest after opening several on the new iPhones I did see the occasional re load. After using a Content Blocker for Safari my experience of re loading on my iPhone 6Pkus has greatly reduced and when it does it reloads to the point I was at this no work is lost. Also Safari loads up so much faster with a Content Blocker. 

The batteries in my opinion need a little time to reach their optimum output attained by charging and depleting a few times as this also helps calibrate them too.

In regards to iOS 9 I've been hearing a few different end user reports. For some it's buttery smooth and for others they suffer stutter and lag. This has been resolved by some by disabling certain features such as Reduce Transparancy and Reduce Motion as well as turning off Siri Suggestions. Now I'm not one for turning off features but I've always had the first two I mention turned off and at present in Siri suggestions I find the news added there of little interest and find it poor that an end user cannot choose their own type of news to see. 

Ive read that some users of the new iPhones are experiencing lag too which to me points out that iOS 9 is not fully baked yet thus the updates coming will hopefully iron this out. Some Users on the iOS 9.1 Beta are saying its smother. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

brownbear
8: Helper

Having moved from the 5s to the 6s,

I'm very happt with this upgrade

-Camera

Brilliant. Loving the live photos. It is kind of simliar to what the htc did and i really enjoyed the feature. 

- 3D touch

Again, Brilliant. I Look forward to more programmers jumping on board with this one. I use it with instagram and emails mailing and really like it.

- Touch ID

This thing is rapid ! the speed at which it now recognises your finger is very impressive

-Battery life

Huge improvement. esp coming from a 5s! 

Maybe becuase im on ios 9.1 the battery life just feels very significant.

Havn't really found anything that I dislike about it tbh... maybe the weight!

brownbear
Those speeds are well impressive!! Sadly in London where I live the best I'll ever get is 12 my download :Sad_face: