Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty Apple iPhone

Jadelisamarie
1: Seeker
I have got an iPhone 6 from Vodafone on contract just over a year ago and for months now I have been experiencing some really annoying problems. It is rare that I can ever connect a phone call now meaning I miss calls from my family, friends, college and even work. Texts often don't send to people and when someone texts me, I don't receive it until around 20 minutes later. My 3G also doesn't work when I am in some areas. I have previously taken my phone to an Apple Store who suggested that it was a network fault within the phone and so I should visit my local Vodafone store for more details. I have since visited my local Vodafone store who gave me a new sim card in case that was the problem and updated my carrier settings and suggested I do a full factory reset of my phone and then wait a few months to see if my problem improved, got worse or stayed the same. A few months on and my phone is still having problems, it is not doing what a basic phone should!! Is there any way that Vodafone will repair my phone for me under warranty even tho my contract is over a year in.
Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi. 

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to rule out either the Sim again or Account or Phone which may be at fault. 

Can you try someone else's Vodafone SIM card in your iPhone. 

Did the apple store run a diagnostic on your iPhone to come to the conclusion the iPhone is ok ?

The iPhone comes with a 12 month warranty so both Apple and Vodafone would levy a charge for any repairs. 

Alternatives such as home contents, apply pay + if it was taken out on the phone within the permitted timeframe ,or some bank accounts provide mobile phone cover as a perk. T&C and excess fees would typically apply. These could be used to replace / repair the phone. 

Apple also have an out of warranty option where there is a charge for a replacement mint re conditioned phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hello @Jadelisamarie

The first thing to do is to rule out any network issues.  To do this, complete the pro forma on the link below and copy and paste the results back on the thread.  If you put the postcode in the Coverage Checker on the link at the bottom of the page, you will also be able to make sure there are no issues in the areas where you are using the phone.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/18566...

If the phone turns out to be faulty, it can be repaired by Apple or following the repairs procedure on the link below.

Vodafone Support - Repairs

It my be worth mentioning that any insurance cover you may have will only cover you for accidental damage or loss.  It does not cover you for the breakdown of the device.