Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fingerprint pass but not a passcode

fpvbob
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have recently upgraded to iphone 6 transferred all files etc from iphone 5 through itunes all Ok. During the setup I selected fingerprint entry not a passcode still all well for a week. 

Today  Itunes indicated the ios9 upgrade so backed everything up and upgrade commenced. Now totally locked out of iphone because I do not have a passcode and it will not accept a fingerprint.

Just getting longer and longer cool offs and can find no access to a very important business phone used for safety purposes.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Ive always personally set a PassCode and fingerprints for the same thumb twice and another finger and my partners just incase. 

What stage are you at ? Upgrading to iOS 9 through iTunes ?

Perhaps look at 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204306 For Recovery. 

If your not hooked up / upgrading try a soft reset via

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

Itunes had downloaded the ios9 to the phone and the phone is now refusing to let me in without a passcode which I have never entered.

Tried the soft boot but once again demanding passcode

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Has iOS 9 now downloaded on your iPhone ?

When I started the process to update my iPhone and iPad Air I was asked to input my 4 digit code to proceed.

Was the  link of no help at all ? 

Current Phone  >

I'm a little confused as the apple help pages from https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201371 says

"Before you can set up Touch ID, you'll need to make a passcode for your device"

Current Phone  >

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Very weird!

i have set up three devices a a new device when updating to ios9 and on all three occasions had to enter a passcode before the fingerprint.

Have you used a passcode on the device that was used to create the previous backup? If so try that passcode as it is saved in your iTunes.

4 hours later for others went onto Apple website and found under Passcode that the only way was to run a restore update.

Took two attempts but now back in business.

Moral if the menu wants something dont skip the steps!

Thanks for help

BandOfBrothers

Good to hear your situation improved. 

That route of resolution via a 'Restore' is in the  Link I added in the first reply. 

I would certainly recommend to set up a PassCode. 

Enjoy iOS 9.

Current Phone  >

kids

fpvbob wrote:

4 hours later for others went onto Apple website and found under Passcode that the only way was to run a restore update.

Took two attempts but now back in business.

Moral if the menu wants something dont skip the steps!

Thanks for help

Very true.

in their attempt to dominate the world Apple do not like it when you disobey their command to do something. :smileyvery-happy: