Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Handy little iOS App : Launcher.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi everyone. 

Launcher App for pull down Notification Centre. 

I've been using this iOS app on my iPhone and iPad Air for a few weeks now ,and thought I'd share my thoughts on its implementation and usefulness. 

The App is free with In-App purchases so a person can upgrade the basic app in order to add further enhancements such as more widgets. The last update was the 7th of May 2016 so the Developer does seem to be active in updating / further enhancing their work. 

The initial set up after downloading the App is straightforward and comes with a tutorial video. I chose not to let the App have access to my Contacts as a personal preference. 

After pulling down the Notification Centre a person touches 'Edit' at the bottom ,and add by pressing the green circle with a '+' in the Centre. 

Then you can set about adding and removing useful Widgets from App, Web, Special, Music and Custom Launchers. 

I prefer not to have multiple pages of Apps on my idevices and prefer using folders instead. I find the Spolight Search to be a resource hog so have disabled this feature on my iPhone and iPad. 

Having the Launcher App available in the pull down Notification Centre wherever your navigating on the iPhone or iPad is tremendously helpful to me. Instead of using the Home Button to come away from what I'm in I can now simply swipe down from the top of the screen and launch from my choice of widgets. 

For example if I'm using Safari and want to check my Notes App I'd have to use the Home Button and then launch Notes or it was open already double tap the Home Button and use the open notes card.

Now with Launcher all I need do is swipe down and tap the Notes widget, get the information I wanted and then use the 'Back to Safari' option in the top Left Hand corner of the iPhone / iPad screen. Much faster and much less wear and tear on the Home Button. 

This is my iPhone's pull down Notification Centre as an example. 

image.jpeg

The Launcher App is found in the official App Store. 

image.png

Developer : Cromulent Labs, Inc. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

0 REPLIES 0