Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help needed to cancel upgrade order

Twise41
4: Newbie

Ordered an iPhone 7 128gb Jet Black as an upgrade for collection at my local store.

Like many on here I heard nothing from Vodafone prior to launch.  So I had an interesting online chat with customer services the Thursday before launch where I was informed my order would be delayed by 6 to 8 weeks - I requested they cancelled my order.  Told to wait two minutes while they processed the cancellation, 5 minutes later the chat disconnects....

Launch day arrives, still no responses from Vodafone, except for my wife who duly collected her Rose Gold iphone7 from our local store.  Called 191 only to be told cancellations were not available but to call back on Saturday at 9am.

That evening I went to my local Apple Store and within 40 minutes walked out the store with a matt black 128gb model.

saturday comes around and I receive a text to say my order is ready to collect from my local store!!!! Called 191 and after about an hour during which time the advisor tried sorting via cancellations and trying to call the local store the solution I was presented.... I needed to go to the store to "decline" the order..  

very reluctantly I went to my local store....1 hour later and having had both myself and an advisor call 191 they finally figured out how to "decline" the order but it would take 72hours to process.

roll on a week later and I get another message from Vodafone chasing me to collect my order.  Another call to 191 and another 30mins of my life I won't get back... the answer I get, go back to the store and call 191 from there to resolve!!!!  I think not so I have asked for a manager to call me, but that is going to take up to 48 hours.

this company is beyond a joke - is there any other way to get this resolved??

28 REPLIES 28

ok so the distance selling regulations are now gone but the consumer contracts legislation replaced it.

Interesting reading in that once I have given email, phone or used the companys process to request a cancellation they must complete it within 14 days..... So Vodafone... wonder what your response is to that?  Probably the same as everything else, radio silence....

Hi @Twise41

I've sent you a private message which offers guidance on how our team can get this looked into further for you. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Hi Sarah_L 

i was hoping to be replying to this forum to say all resolved, but alas it still persists.

I had agreed and confirmed my cancellation due to complete on 9th November, handset charge refund of £90, and £20 compensation.  However during the process I noticed a new order email & text quickly followed a text confirming cancellation on 9th November.

today I reconsidered my cancellation and instead decided to opt for my PAC code so I could keep my number.  Just as well I did as speaking to live chat I was informed I couldn't have my PAC code as my contract was only two days old!!!  Also no trace apparently of my refund or compensation on my account.

A little while later I receive an email with my new Vodafone terms & conditions.  This states how grateful that I decided to stay!! And also lays out my contract which is the same as the one I was trying to "upgrade" to.

i have replied to the social media team contact to get this corrected.

hopefully this time it will be done correctly....

Hello @Twise41

I completely understand your frustration and distress at this. 

Do you have any further updates on this?

Louise

Hi Louise_E

thankfully I have now spoken to the social media contact who called me today.

they have confirmed my order was cancelled, the £90 handset charge and £20 compensation credited and also provided me wIth my PAC code.  They also confirmed that no new contract had been started.

please can you fix your live chat team who consistently provide misleading or blantly  wrong information.

Hopefully on 17th once my number transfer is complete it will be the end of this nightmare....

Hello @Twise41

I am relieved to hear this problem has been looked into for you. 

If you need any further assistance please let me know. 

Louise

Louise_E i need some assistance

I have just checked my bill online.  I can see the refund of my handset charge of £90 plus the goodwill gesture of £20 but i am shocked to see a one off charge of £1060 !!  Currently it shows that on 31st October vodafone is going to take £983 from my account.  Ive sent an urgent email to the social media team but I am concerned this will not get resolved in time.

If there is any risk this will not be resolved I am already considering cancelling my direct debit to stop you making the charge

@Twise41 wrote:

Louise_E i need some assistance

I have just checked my bill online.  I can see the refund of my handset charge of £90 plus the goodwill gesture of £20 but i am shocked to see a one off charge of £1060 !!  Currently it shows that on 31st October vodafone is going to take £983 from my account.  Ive sent an urgent email to the social media team but I am concerned this will not get resolved in time.

If there is any risk this will not be resolved I am already considering cancelling my direct debit to stop you making the charge

Wow! Talk about couldn't get any more problematic, bam £1060. Hope you manage to get this resolved quickly.

Raj747
6: Helper
I have requested a cancellatation of my jet black. I want to go for the Matt black. However the cancellation process is not straight forward , they say it can take up to 4-5 working days. Is there anyway to get the order changed to Matt black with out going though cancellation procedure ?

Raj747
I think this is quite primitive way, the software should be updated to allow for the change. I am sure Vodafone owe us this much especially in this situation where the phone Deliveries are delayed. Had we known that the jet black would take 6-8 weeks for the delivery , we would have stayed clear of these. However, it can be argued that apple did not provide you with phones on time. But let's not get in to all those. I hope Vodafone changes their policies on the order change in future.