Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help using phone abroad

Loobs72
3: Seeker
I'm quite new to Vodafone so can anyone help me. When I've been with previous providers as long as I switched data roaming and mobile data off the internet could not be used unless on wifi so I was not charged. I just had a Vodafone live chat to check this is the case with them and they told me I will be charged even with data roaming and mobile data off as I will still be using data. I'm confused. How can that be? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

It can't be - whoever told you that must have misunderstood the question.

If roaming is off and mobile data on the phone is off you won't be charged as you won't be using data on the foreign network.

Where are you going to? Have you looked at either Euro Traveller or World Traveller? These tariffs allow you to use your phone as normal overseas if you're in a qualifying country.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
Hi

As long as you turn Off Mobile Data in the phones settings this will kill the connection to a network and use Wifi instead.

Their then should be no data costs.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Loobs72
Thanks for replying. I'm going to Cyprus. I just want to stick to wifi so just wanted to check I won't get charged.

BandOfBrothers
Yes you should be ok by disabling Mobile Data in Settings-Mobile/Cellular-Mobile Data.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.