Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help with iPhone 4s

Flyerman
2: Seeker

I apologise if this has been raised before, but can anybody please advise me on the following?

I have a monthly payment plan which is out of contract. My trusty HTC Desire S is broken (put it through the washing machine!) but the sim card still works.

I am considering buying a iPhone 4s as a replacement (I can't afford a newer one).  Vodafone no longer sell them, so I will have to buy elswhere (probably via Amazon).

My questions are there: Can I  buy any iPhone 4s or does it have to be "dedicated" to Vodafone? Will my existing sim card (from the HTC Desire S) fit in the 4s and work straight off? Are there any other pitfalls I need to be aware of?

Many thanks for reading this far

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

As long as the iPhone is unlocked to all networks or locked to Vodafone you'll be good to go. 

Youll need to to ask a Vodafone store to sim swap you from a mini SIM card to a micro one. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi, the sim should be OK to fit, both use micro sim from what I have read.

You can use any iPhone, just make sure the one you buy isn't locked to another network, you want either a Vodafone one or unlocked.

BandOfBrothers

Just to add my personal opinion is to stay clear of auction sites such as eBay. I note you mentioned Amazon. 

Other options such as C.E.X on the Highstreet (they have an online site too) who buy and sell phones. Take your sim with you to try it in the iPhone if you go to take a look. 

Current Phone  >

Oh and you'll need an Apple I.D

Current Phone  >

63johnw
Some sites are saying mini some micro for the HTC sim so you may need to do what BOB has suggested with regards the sim

Flyerman

Very many thanks to all for replies. So I do need an "unlocked" phone or one locked to Vodafone, and I can swap my sim card for one to fit at a Vodafone store. Just what I needed to know - thanks again.

BoB - I don't have an Apple ID - presumably I get one with the phone, or apply once I have the model/reg numbers etc?

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

You're welcome. 

You can set up the Apple ID when you want.

It does not come with the iPhone. It's unique to you.

The link I pasted in should help. 

You then input that into the iPhone. 

Current Phone  >