Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I add 1gb of data?

sassylass70
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi I have just been informed that I have used all my data allowance and I had a msg to add 1gb but I must of deleted it can anyone tell me how to add this? And can I just do it for one month?
11 REPLIES 11

@Natasha, unfortunately it seems that Vodafone staff are just not clear about how this works.

The Terms and Conditions say there are two options: 1. Cancel the Extra immediately and lose remaining data. 2. 'Opt out' of auto-renewal and keep remaining Extra data until the end of the billing month (https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-extras/).

Your reply says it takes "some time" to process the cancellation, but that isn't what the Terms and Conditions say.

When I've called 191 I've been told that cancelling the Extra immediately removes the data so I should avoid cancelling until 1 or 2 days before the end of my current billing period (varied depending on who answered).

This (https://support.vodafone.co.uk/875131752) tells us to manage our own Extras online but still doesn't confirm whether the loss of data is immediate when they turn the Extra off or whether it stays until the end of the billing month.

I really would appreciate some concrete information about this from Vodafone.

Specifically can you tell me exactly how to opt out of auto-renewal while keeping my remaining data until the end of the billing month - something that the Terms and Conditions says is possible?

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @aoifoc

Just to clarify, if you ask for the extra data to be removed, it will stay on your account until the next billing cycle begins.

For example, if you cancel today and your next billing cycle begins on 1 Janurary, you'll keep the additonal data until that date.

In regards to making sure it doesn't automatically add on your next billing profile, please contact 191 or our Live Chat team who'll be more happy to make sure it doesn't auto-add on your next billing cycle.