cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long do I have to have phone before I can get unlocked.

traceyf43
4: Newbie
New iPhone 6. I'm wondering how long do I have to have the phone (it's contract with vodafone) before I can contact vodafone for it to be unlocked to all networks. I understand there's a fee that's no issue. But will they do it straight away. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

They should be able to do it right away. You'll need to complete the unlock request form and then wait for Apple to process it.

You won't get a code or anything from Apple. You just keep syncing the phone until you see the success message.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

jeffkinn

They should be able to do it right away. You'll need to complete the unlock request form and then wait for Apple to process it.

You won't get a code or anything from Apple. You just keep syncing the phone until you see the success message.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks jeffkin. Wasn't sure if there was a certain time span before I could ask. Saves me taking two phones away to work. Thanks again 😀

traceyf43
I've sent unlocking request. Just had email back to say unknown imei. I'm assuming it's because it's new phone. How long does it normally take before it shows as valid imei no. Thanks.

jeffkinn
Did the phone come from Vodafone?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Im also banging my head against a brick wall trying to sort unlocking out. I've sent the online request at least 10 times. For them to say imei code does not match my account. Rang vf. Spoke to chat. I've checked and double checked the imei and chat confirmed it was correct too. So please do tell what is the email address for NUC resolutions team. Because I can't reply to the emails they send me. They return via postmaster.

I've the exact same problem. Keep getting the standard email back. Imei not matched to account. Ten times in a week I've filled this request form in. Most annoying thing is I cannot even reply to the bog standard email 😡 chat have confirmed I have the correct imei. They've also done it for me too. Only to have the standard email back 12 hours later.
Come on vodafone surely it can't be that difficult.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

traceyf43 - I have merged your posts from other threads into your original thread in order to try and keep the continuity of the conversation and also to prevent duplication of information.  Please keep your conversation in this thread.

As you have found out, you will not be able to unlock your handset until the IMEI number has been updated, so there is no point in constantly filling in the form as it will constantly get rejected.  Vodafone will not have any record of this IMEI as they haven't supplied you with the handset.  

As you've been told just a few posts up, you need to get Mobiles Direct to contact Vodafone and provide them with the details of the handset you've been sold.  Once they have done that, you will be able to request that your phone is unlocked. 

PWIAC

traceyf43
Hi. Contract was from mobiles direct.

drey_p

@traceyf43 wrote:
Hi. Contract was from mobiles direct.

You'll need to get them to provide Vodafone with the proof of purchase.  Once Vodafone receive that from Mobiles Direct, they will be able to update their records and you'll be able to resubmit the unlock request. 

PWIAC