cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long do I have to have phone before I can get unlocked.

traceyf43
4: Newbie
New iPhone 6. I'm wondering how long do I have to have the phone (it's contract with vodafone) before I can contact vodafone for it to be unlocked to all networks. I understand there's a fee that's no issue. But will they do it straight away. Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

They should be able to do it right away. You'll need to complete the unlock request form and then wait for Apple to process it.

You won't get a code or anything from Apple. You just keep syncing the phone until you see the success message.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

traceyf43
On vodafone

jeffkinn
As Vodafone didn't supply the phone they won't have a record of it will they? You'll need to give Vodafone a proof of ownership from your ownership.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

traceyf43
They have all info on handset and sim card. I spoke on chat twice. Both times they confirmed my imei no. And even SIM card no is now showing on my account online. I didn't put it there so I'm assuming vodafone have updated my details. So yes they do have all my details on the new contract. Just seems a common problem through out the threads on unlocking.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
The reason that Vodafone require confirmation from Mobiles Direct is to confirm that you are the original owner of the phone.
Vodafone will only unlock the phone for the original owner.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@traceyf43 wrote:
They have all info on handset and sim card. I spoke on chat twice. Both times they confirmed my imei no. And even SIM card no is now showing on my account online. 

Can I confirm that you have got in contact with Mobiles Direct and asked them to provide Vodafone with the details?

PWIAC

traceyf43
Yes asked them the very next day. Surely vodafone already have it all now. As on my online account the SIM card no is there and I've had my first bill. Otherwise how would vodafone know sim no etc ?

drey_p

@traceyf43 wrote:
Yes asked them the very next day. Surely vodafone already have it all now.

Vodafone will have the SIM card number showing but not necessarily the proof of purchase they need.  I would recommend that you double check to see if Mobiles Direct have sent the documentation over to Vodafone

PWIAC

traceyf43
Plus like I've said previously twice on chat they've confirmed imei no. And said all details were correct and done the online request form themselves for me.

traceyf43
I've had an email today
Here’s an update on your request to unlock your phone so you can use it on a different network.

We are getting the code for you

We have submitted a request for unlocking your handset & the reference number of your request
So I assume they've all the info needed now.
Thanks for all your input and advice.

drey_p

That's good news.  Let's just hope that Apple don't drag their feet too much.  They can be particularly slow at times when it comes to unlocking an iPhone, other times they are quite quick!

PWIAC