cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to fix blacklisting on my iPhone 5S.

kingkev84
1: Seeker
due to non payment of bill, i have a blacklisted iphone 5S. I dont have use of a phone and have had no luck using the live chat, wondering how i can find out how to resolve this and use my phone again.
7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello kingkev84

Where did you get the phone ?  Have you tried a different SIM in the phone ?

Vodafone don't normally blacklist a phone for non payment of a bill, the usual reasons are becaused the phone has been reported lost or stolen. 

kingkev84
I tried an EE sim and an O2 PAYG sim recently but both failed to get a signal. When i put in my Voda sim it says "searching" but eventually returns to "no service".
I got the contract from Phones4U about 6-7 months ago but due to my job giving me a phone i stopped paying the bill. Would like to now use it again with my PAYG sim for personal use.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Why on earth would you just stop paying your bills? You have agreed to a contract for a specific amount of time and for a particular amount of money. Failing to pay your bills will have quite severe ramifications when it comes to getting credit. You need to call up Vodafone immediately and arrange to pay all outstanding money. I would be very surprised if your debt hasn't been sold to a debt collection agency but Vodafone should be able to advise you.

Do be aware that any defaults on your credit file will remain there for 6 years.

PWIAC

AnnS

Hello kingkev84

That wasn't the wisest of moves to make, just because you are given a work phone does not mean you could stop paying your Vodafone contract.

The phone would be locked to Vodafone and without the phone being unlocked by Vodafone, you would'nt be able to use an O2 SIM.

I suggest you contact one of the credit reference agencies to find out which collection agency the debt has been sold onto, get your affairs in order, and then sort out your phone.  Of course your Vodafone SIM wont work, its restricted for non payment.  At least you won't have to worry about cancelling the contract, Vodafone have already beaten you to it and placed a nice default against your credit file.

kingkev84
Not the advice i was asking for, everything you are stating is pretty obvious and i wasn't looking for a lesson in morals. I was asking how i could speak to someone about how to correct it, i have tried Voda Live Chat and can't phone customer services as i am without a phone right at this moment. If a credit agency had taken over the debt collection, i would have been informed via mail and no doubt chased up about it, so i assume Voda still have the case to themselves. Thanks for taking time to reply though, appreciate it :Smiling:

AnnS

Hello Kev

The best way would be to call Vodafone on the 03 number which can be found on the contact us section at the bottom of the page from any other phone, including a pay phone which are still around. Ask to be put through to Collections, depending on how long it has been since you paid the bill, they be able to give you the best advise on how to settle the outstanding balance.

If the debt has been passed onto a debt collection agency, it will be out of Vodafone's hands but you should be able to find which agency the debt has been passed onto from Experian/Equifax.

You should still be able to use a Vodafone PAYG SIM in the phone, worth a try.

kingkev84
Spot on, that's exactly what i'll do first thing tomorrow. Again, much appreciated you taking time to help out.
cheers!!