Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have no vodafone service

tod68
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have upgraded from a Samsung android to iPhone & have no service since I activated my phone. I have done sim swap & am able to text but cannot make or receive any phone calls. I have never had this problem with any of my previous phones. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@tod68

Have you synchronised to itunes ?  Until this has been done you would be unable to use the phone for calls.

There is further information from the Getting Started with Vodafone link from the website.  I would attach a link but the website seems to be down tonight.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Welcome to the eForum.

Does the Vodafone name appear in the phones status bar ?

It's worth checking your masts

Also use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

On the iPhone hold down the Power & Home button together until  Logo shows then release both & the iPhone will reset

Other options are :

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To add.

A sim swap can take up to 24 hours to fully complete. Keep turning airplane mode on and off to help.

Current Phone  >

I have synced to iTunes & done all things you have all suggested but still no service I'm afraid....do not know what else to do now. Think a trip to Vodafone will be in order. Thank you everyone

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Has service resumed today for you ?

Please let us know how you get on.

Current Phone  >

Hi still have no service! Went to Vodafone shop on Monday & they said the sim hadn't swapped correctly so they put me another sim in but 4 days on & still nothing...looks like another trip there over the weekend

I have been having the same problem with my new phone for 2 weeks now...still got no service. I went on line to do a sim swap 2 weeks ago, had an email saying it had been done but after 3 days still had no service. Tried everything I could think of & got advice from community but still nothing worked. Went to Vodafone shop & they said it hadn't converted correctly so they put another sim in & said it would take 24 hours & still 4 days later nothing has happened. Looks like another trip to the shop tomorrow

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You can also try calling 191 from any Vodafone handset or 03333 040 191  from any UK phone. LiveChat may also be able to assist you. 

PWIAC