Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I need to enable tethering on my account

mattwynne
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I just got home with a brand new iPhone 5 from the apple store and was dismayed to find that the option to Set Up Personal Hotspot is disabled - it just gives me a pop-up pointing to Vodafone's website.

I've been on the same SIM only deal for years, happily using my Android phone for tethering. How do I get this same facility enabled with my new iPhone?

6 REPLIES 6

MalekAbdElFattah
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

In that case u need to contact 191 and change your PricePlan to an iphone PricePlan which will automaticly activate the tethering.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there Mattwynne

Tethering is included with all new price plans from the 1st June 2011.  If you have an older price plan it may not have tethering included and you may be better off getting it changed to a more recent plan at the same or higher cost.  One of the eForum Team will be able to look into it for you and will be along as soon as they can to pop you a Private Message requesting the details they need in order to get in touch.

PWIAC

So I might have to pay more per month for the same facility, just because I'm using a handset from a different manufacturer?

That doesn't seem reasonable.

I hope customer services can resolve this.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mattwynne,

We'll always try to select the same plan. What the previous poster meant to say is that you cannot downgrade the tariff mid contract. There's also the fact that there may no longer be an iPhone enabled version of the tariff you're on any more as the plans are updated all of the time.

If you'd like to have the tethering enabled for your phone, feel free to follow the instructions I've sent via Private Message here and we'll have a look at your options. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben 

Ive got the same problem how do i sort it asap

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Hubaba567,

Tethering is included within your data allowance if you're a pay monthly customer..

We've got some great guides on how to set up tethering on your phone.

Tethering is not currently available on Payg.

DaveCD