Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I recently was told my phone was unlocked

Wiltshire22
2: Seeker

I recently was told my Apple iPhone was unlocked after filling in the vodaphone unlock online form but do I need a unlock code because vodaphone just sent me a email saying that my phone is now unlocked?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Firstly there is no unlock code for an iPhone, the phone is unlocked by inserting a non Vodafone sim and connecting to iTunes. If the phone is unlocked you will see a message in iTunes telling you so.

Once Vodaone confirm your request they send it to Apple who can take anything up to 21 days to process the unlock..

So you need to fllow the above procedure each day until you see the unlocked message

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

There is no code for an iPhone. Just put in another network's sim card and wait for it to be accepted.

The email you've received is misleading. The unlock has to wait for Apple to process the unlock and that can take up to 20 days to complete.

If a new sim card doesn't work at first, keep trying it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids

Firstly there is no unlock code for an iPhone, the phone is unlocked by inserting a non Vodafone sim and connecting to iTunes. If the phone is unlocked you will see a message in iTunes telling you so.

Once Vodaone confirm your request they send it to Apple who can take anything up to 21 days to process the unlock..

So you need to fllow the above procedure each day until you see the unlocked message

Wiltshire22
Thank you so much for your fast response, much appreciated

Thanks
Peter