Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPHONE 7 PLUS PREORDER ISSUES

BURKEA07
2: Seeker

Hello,

I've ordered an Iphone 7 Plus 32GB (black) on the 9th Sep.

I have been in contact with vodafone on a number of ocassions and have been told I will receive the Iphone on the 16th. Today I said had received no notification, and the operator said I should receive it in the next 2-4 hours. I have received nothing.

Also I just checked my order number (EDM-0000000087695921). Before it said IPHONE 7 PLUS 32GB BLACK, which is correct. Now it suddenly says IPHONE 5 16GB, which is has clearly been discontinued and not correct. So what is going on?

I have been with vodafone for 16 years but not having a great time with communication and the sudden change on Iphone through the order number is concerning. 

If any correct info could come my way then great. Not confident with vodafone at the moment.

Anthony

17 REPLIES 17

bma
4: Newbie

A couple of people have seen this.

Vodafone's policy today seems to be "stay quiet and don't tell anyone anything."

Customer service at its best.

THIS IS MADNESS!!!

We all have a 30 day cooling off period. Everyone could end up cancelling there contracts before the 30 days and vodafone could lose a fortune.

Just let us know of any issues. Can't be too hard considering they work in the communcations buisness.

Louisc4991
I have exactly the same problem. Preordered before 08:15 on Friday 9th and no news whatsoever from voda other than the original confirmation email...

Louisc4991
Worth noting I spoke to voda 24/7 chat earlier this week and got told I would receive it on 16th, whilst I understand these guys may not have all the info as other threads tell me, if this isn't the case then bye bye Vodafone

I'm with you, not impressed. Maybe my 16 years of loyality may have come to an end.

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Vodafone have released a statement about pre-order stock, in fact it was released 2 hours ago!

That statement would be fine if we actually knew when our orders were arriving. That I was told that it's coming today and yet no text or email from DPD makes me think lying is official policy.

Nabs

@markhewitt1978 DPD will be dealing with thousands more packages than they normally would be... they can't get them all processed first thing in the morning, it's going to take time.
I've had deliveries from DPD in the past with no warning, just because a message hasn't arrived doesn't mean the delivery wont.

If getting a phone on launch day is that important people should really be camping outside Apple stores, though in this case that wouldn't work as they haven't actually got stock of some models http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/15/iphone-7-plus-jet-black-iphone-7-sold-out/

I've  had a shocker:

1) Vodafone offer to email me when their "exciting information about the iPhone" is ready. The email doesn't come until 5pm on pre-order day.

2) Luckily a friend lets me know pre-order is ready so pre-order the device around midday on 9th - delivery date of 16th "confirmed".

3) Check status of order as no emails other than confirmation, told by representative that order is confirmed and "will be ready to collect on the 16th"

4) check online tracking to see it says i am getting a Samsung Galaxy S3 - LOL!

5) Ring up again - told there is an error with the tracking and everything ok - will be ready to pick up tomorrow.

6) go to pickup store today. Surprisingly (NOT) the phone isn't their. Told likely a 6-8 week wait for phone.

This happened to me 2 years ago with the iPhone 6. Vodafone are a shambles of a company. They don't pay any tax and even still can't run a competitive business.