Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPhone 5

Tayjay2001
2: Seeker
My iPhone keeps losing charge. I've had the battery replaced but it's still happening and it gets quite hot even when not using it. Any ideas !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Tayjay2001 wrote:
My iPhone keeps losing charge. I've had the battery replaced but it's still happening and it gets quite hot even when not using it. Any ideas !

You need to go to an Apple store and get a genuine replacement battery. Even if the Apple battery replacement did apply it is too late now as Apple will not replace a non-Apple component without charge.

There have been horrendous problems with compatible batteries catching fire as there has with the non-Apple chargers.

It will cost you more than a copy battery but at least you aren't going to go up in flames.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Who replaced the battery for you ?

Was it by an authorised Apple engineer and is it an authentic Apple iPhone battery ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tayjay2001
No it wasn't apple they wouldn't do it ! I've been to 2 different shops and both replaced it.

BandOfBrothers

@Tayjay2001 wrote:
No it wasn't apple they wouldn't do it ! I've been to 2 different shops and both replaced it.

Hi,

That's where the possible issues lies. 

They've probably not used an authentic Apple iPhone battery and may have themselves caused issues within the iPhone. 

I assume the iPhone 5 Battery Replacement programme didn't apply ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids

@Tayjay2001 wrote:

You need to go to an Apple store and get a genuine replacement battery. Even if the Apple battery replacement did apply it is too late now as Apple will not replace a non-Apple component without charge.

There have been horrendous problems with compatible batteries catching fire as there has with the non-Apple chargers.

It will cost you more than a copy battery but at least you aren't going to go up in flames.