Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPhone 7+ no data conection in Asia

justme100
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm hoping someone can assist with this, I only ever seem to have a problem when I am in Asia and have help from here before

Just bougth an iPhone 7+ in singapore and am now in Kanchaburi, phone worked ok in Singapore but now when I try to connect to  internet I get this on the screen  โปรดเมต่ออุปายณยังเครือข่ายก่อนเอข่าย

Asked locally and nobody seem to be able to explain what I need to do, probable as the 7+ has only jusr been released here. All I know is it is somethig to do with network setting. Phone boots up OK and calls are ok, used both vodafone sim and local sims as soon as I enable data the message appears.

Anyone else has a similar problem of no conection when switching data on when using 7+?  Or any idea as to what to try.?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I've seen past information that toggling the 'EU INTERNET' setting off or on in the iPhones can help. 

Is it possible the phone is having difficulty in using the frequencies and bands that particular network uses. Is it possible the network itself is having issues. 

Im not sure about the message your seeing. 

Google Translste says "Please sign in to top the industry's first network of networks."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@justme100 Google is only capable of accuracy for very simple basic sentences of   Thai as there is no direct transliteration of the Thai alphabet which has 65 characters.

The message you are seeing โปรดเมต่ออุปายณยังเครือข่ายก่อนเอข่าย  is "Please restart your device before connecting to your wireless network"

So, turn off wifi then turn off your phone, then restart the phone before you toggle on  wifi.

All of the Thai five Thai networks work on  the same frequencies and all are compatbile with iPhones.

KIDS. Thanks for the advice which I am pleased to say worked.

Seems that the phone has to cxonnect to the netwrok without wifi enabled the first time to use data, since folloowing your advice it has worked OK without needing to go through the same process every time.

I was aware that all the networks use the same frequencies so knew it was not that.

Thanks again.

BTW. How do you ever manage to translate the Thai script, trying to speak it is bad enough but reading it seems impossible?  :smileyfrustrated:

kids

@justme100 wrote:

KIDS. Thanks for the advice which I am pleased to say worked.

BTW. How do you ever manage to translate the Thai script, trying to speak it is bad enough but reading it seems impossible?  :smileyfrustrated:

@justme100 Thanks for letting me know it worked OK.

Re the language, took me many years to learn to read  script as Thai sentences do not have a break between words, but needs must. The spoken work is just as hard as every word has five meanings depending on the tone you use.