Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPhone SIX loses connection almost every day

MARKWILD1967
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Practically every day my phone will say "No service"  I then resolve this by going to Settings>General>Reset Network settings. As I say this happens almost every day and is a bit of a nuisance. I have been reporting this to vodafone since I got the phone in January. I go them to send me another sim and this made no difference. I have talked to them on chat and phone and their solution is to take it into the shop - it's intermittent so if the problem materialises great, if not, then what?

Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

I think you've covered off most of the diagnostics there.

If it's happening in multiple areas then that tends to rule out an isolated location or black spot.

The SIM swap rules out a faulty SIM. Also if Vodafone have checked your number is working correctly at network level then that rules that out. 

If you're able to try the SIM in another handset (or get the Vodafone store to do it) and the coverage doesn't drop out then I'd be tempted to think the SIM card is fine but there is a physical problem with the iPhone itself, possibly a problem with the antenna. 

I'm not saying it's 100% the phone but if Vodafone have been unable to provide an answer with network diagnostics, SIM changes etc. then I'd move on to the hardware + ask that to be looked at / possible repair evaluation if you're still under warranty. 

If you've been sent round the houses a couple of times with the same checks, diagnostics etc. then absolutely don't accept this as a resolution. Personally I'd take it into a Vodafone store, be firm that you've tried all the checks before now and expect them to provide other alternatives for you, including looking at the device for a problem. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Is this happening everywhere you go ?

Do you have an Apple store local where a diagnostic can be run on it. 

As a process of elimination can you please try the sim in another phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

This has happened in many towns across a few counties. We do not have a local apple store - the nearest being Liverpool. I cannot try the sim in another phone as my other (spare) phone is a Nokia 6310 and the sim won't fit. 

@MARKWILD1967 wrote:

This has happened in many towns across a few counties. We do not have a local apple store - the nearest being Liverpool. I cannot try the sim in another phone as my other (spare) phone is a Nokia 6310 and the sim won't fit. 

A Vodafone store would probably let you try your sim card in another in house phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have tried the network tests countless times and guess what? There's never anything wrong. I do not want to do that again right now here as I have service now (it's reliably intemittent). Each time I have reported this to Live Chat they have advised me to do the Reset Network Settings procedure which works, I get coverage...then it stops within a day or two. There is a point when one just accepts the below par service. 

With regards to the sim, you may be right. But then again, for the same fault to happen to two different cards, months in between their deployment? 

I know I've asked for help but I guess I am looking for someone to say "I had that and what I did was this" as opposed to "Go, here, do this test, paste these results, go out of your way, go to the nearest shop...". Not aiming to be rude but I wan't someone to help not someone to diagnose and ultimately say 'Oh you've got me beat there' after several pastes and tests. 

redpages

I think you've covered off most of the diagnostics there.

If it's happening in multiple areas then that tends to rule out an isolated location or black spot.

The SIM swap rules out a faulty SIM. Also if Vodafone have checked your number is working correctly at network level then that rules that out. 

If you're able to try the SIM in another handset (or get the Vodafone store to do it) and the coverage doesn't drop out then I'd be tempted to think the SIM card is fine but there is a physical problem with the iPhone itself, possibly a problem with the antenna. 

I'm not saying it's 100% the phone but if Vodafone have been unable to provide an answer with network diagnostics, SIM changes etc. then I'd move on to the hardware + ask that to be looked at / possible repair evaluation if you're still under warranty. 

If you've been sent round the houses a couple of times with the same checks, diagnostics etc. then absolutely don't accept this as a resolution. Personally I'd take it into a Vodafone store, be firm that you've tried all the checks before now and expect them to provide other alternatives for you, including looking at the device for a problem. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community