cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

If i don't get my phone tomorrow can I go direct to store and set up new contract?

DaveJarvis29
2: Seeker
Really annoyed with VF today! I pre ordered on Friday via 191and asked for delivery to Leeds Briggate store - advisor sent me a text to confirm all the details with an order number of #VFHZRN**** On Monday I got a text saying my order had been confirmed and a WEB number was given, later in the day I got a text saying it was cancelled and then a bit later another confirmation email with another WEB number. When I called up to check this out I was told I had ordered online on 15th and was unlikely to get it on launch day - after further challenging they managed to find that it was actually ordered on 12th, but I think I'd already missed my place in the queue. To top it off they told me they would deliver to home address and not store and the only way to change it is to wait for DPD to contact me. I've got the text from the 12th which confirms I ordered on 12th. Everyone's told me a different story and web chat was just a joke, telling me that it looked like a web order because I got a 'special loyalty deal' when challenged on the details this deal was actually just the standard deal I'd ordered (got a copy of the transcript of the online chat - good for a laugh!) To top it off VF have changed the delivery address to my home address rather than store! So..... being as there is a 14 day cooling off period, can I just go into store tomorrow and try to get another contract and phone and then cancel the original one? if I can't get one tomorrow, I think I'll just give up on VF after being a customer for about 14 years!
16 REPLIES 16

DaveJarvis29
No idea what happened to my formatting in terms of paragraphs etc in above post. Sorry for the massive block of text!!!

jamski
4: Newbie

I dont see why not. Enough people have ordered mroe than one phone, presumably they will cancel one within the 14 days.

My biggest gripe with all this is VF's communication. There is none, and when you make the effort to contact them, you get a different story every time. At the very least they should all be providing the same information.

Good luck tomorrow if you go. :Smiling:

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi DaveJarvis29,

Once the order is placed, we only have a short window where we can cancel, or amend it.

Due to this, it isn't possible to go into a store to upgrade if you've placed an order.

You can check on progress online.

Hi jamski,

If there's anything specifically we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Ian

Ian, you can explain a couple of things.

Why aren't the phones being sent first come first served like stated?

Why can't the call centre get their story straight? The truth, that's all people want. Not too much to ask is it?

I get it's just a phone, I understand that, but we are all spending a hell of a lot of money with you, we deserve the customer service to go with it.

Thanks,

James.

emzi84
4: Newbie
They won't reply james cos its a massive farce... I ordered mine 8.30am last Friday and nothing... Now it says October.... About time someone apologised to all its customers for this!!

I have similar issues and every time I call I get adifferent story, I even get one that says the order hasn't been received!!! Then I get told oh yes we have it but cannot give you a date!!

T0adL0ader

It is shocking as I said in another post my last contact was that the CS people had been told to tell us Vodafone only got the iPhone6 plus in gold and 16gb which is why we didn't get our orders which we all know is rubbish. I just want an explanation of why its not been completed in a first come first served basis is that too much to ask?

Hi everyone,

For further information on the iPhone 6 order, confirmation and delivery, please see here.

Thanks,

Sarah

that link goes nowhere