Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

If this is true, the main feature on the iPhone 7 will be totally pointless

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The old adage that “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” could possibly be true about the new headphone port on the new iPhone 7

It has long been rumoured that in Apple’s search for perfection they couldn’t leave the port alone and are expected to ditch the 3.5mm headphone jack when they announce their new phone in September.

If you want to listen to music on the new device the options are somewhat limited – basically Bluetooth headphones or a pair of lightning connected headphones.

In theory this isn’t so bad as wired headphones do have their drawbacks such as the need to constantly untangle wires and the issues if you wear clothing without pockets.

In place of the 3.5mm headphone port, a series of new leaked images and a video claim that Apple will instead include a new Lightning Port adapter that can connect to a headphone jack in the box with the iPhone 7. (Image)

This isn’t a wholly new concept as manufacturer’s in China have seen phones use adapters for wired headphones and providing that Apple uses an adapter similar to these the new iPhone shouldn’t be *that* bad.  Rumours also claims that the new adapter will not work on any device running iOS 9 or older.

2 REPLIES 2

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This isn't much of an issue for me personally, I discovered the freedoms of bluetooth headphones years ago and haven't used a wires set since!

Theakstone
12: Established
12: Established
I agree with Nabs. I have used Bluetooth head phones for a couple of years. I cannot lmagine using wired ones now.