Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Illegal service by Vodaphone?

stephenpyle
2: Seeker

Last week I entered your shop on Northumberland Street Newcastle upon Tyne as there was a sign outside saying iphone 6 available in store today. I went in to order a new 6 only to be told that they had sold all the stock. As an honest person I accepted this, and after being told that phone deliveries happen all the time, I purchased an upgrade and they said would be in touch today (Monday) to give me an update, or to collect. (I even asked what number they would ring from as I often ignore numbers that are withheld, but they promised to leave a message if they got no response.)

The implication of this deal was that the phones were coming through faster than previously thought and I would have mine within a few days.

Over the weekend I have received several emails from Vodaphone suggesting that put back my delivery date and now my phone would now not be delivered until near the end of the month.

I returned to the store today to see if I had got it wrong in my discussions with the staff, only to see the same poster advertising 'iphone 6 in store' and when I went in and enquired about them an employee went into the back of the store to 'check' to see if any had come in. How surprised was I to find that they had none, and were not expecting to see stock the the store (employee's words).

This suggests to me that not only was the employee lying last week when telling me that the phones would be in within a few days, but also that this practice is continuing by falsely advertising the availability of a product you know you cannot supply.

I am sure that this is breaking the law, and would also be sure that the media would love this sort of practice to investigate.

Please get me the product that I have ordered, this week, not in the months to come.

I have been very pleased with the service that vodaphone have given my wife, my son and myself, but this spoiling all the good will that the last couple of years have built up.

9 REPLIES 9

DD
11: Established

There are quite a few of us on here that sympathise with you and can indeed relate to the issue. 

I'm also sure that Vodafone would be covered by the small print in the ad. That said I doubt there is much of a legal case. Although it says 'available in store' it doesn't (unfortuntaly) imply physically but merely the option to order is avaliable. 

I'm no legal mind but happy to be corrected. 

That all said and done, if you prefer to stay with Vodafone I would guestimate your looking at and end Octo early November if it's the iPhone 6 plus you are after. 

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

Nabs
17: Community Champion

I think what @DD has mentioned is probably right, Vodafone's poster will have simply been implying that the iPhone can be purchased n store, it in no way gaurunteed stock would be available.

Looking around online and Apple direct are still quoting 3-4 weeks on all 6+ models and 7-10 days on all variations of the 6.

Vodafone are showing slightly different stats (correct at 16:00 on 13/10)

Model 16GB 64GB 128GB 
6 - Space Grey   3-4 wk 3-4 wk  In Stock 
6 - Silver In Stock   In Stock  In Stock 
6 - Gold In Stock  In Stock  In Stock 
6+ - Space Grey  2-3 wk 6-8 wk 6-8 wk
6+ - Silver In Stock  2-3 wk In Stock 
6+ - Gold In Stock  3-4 wk In Stock 

I assume the model you have selected @stephenpyle is one of those currently out of stock?
If you weren't happy to wait for the option you chose to come in you may be able ot change to a different model that is in stock?

If you're unable to unwilling to change the model then you're unfortunately going to have to wait.

Nabs

stephenpyle

Guys,

Thanks for the advice/information. I guess to be truthful I probably guessed your anwers before you wrote them, but it was just one of those things that sent me off on a rant. Next time I will make sure before ranting 🙂

Stephen

Nabs

Nothing wrong with a rant now and then, we all have/need them :smileywink:

Just out of interest @stephenpyle which model did you go for?

Nabs

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

That stock list for online orders looks pretty good.

The other half upgraded her phone to a 16gb 6 in gold on Saturday over the phone, and it just arrived.

Although I'm not sure she got upgraded to the plan she asked for... but thats a different question come billing day.

Hi Nabs,

I was going for the iphone 6 64GB model in grey. From what I can tell the colour is more of an issue than the rest of the specification. I figured with the issues that people have had (including me) about available space impacting trying to update to IOS 8 on a 16GB 4S I figured I would cover myself for at least the next couple of updates. :smileywink:

Cheers

Stephen

Nabs

@stephenpyle it seems to be the space grey models that have been most popular hence the longest wait for them.

Apple do seem to have royally screwed up older devices with the latest update, playing it safe and getting a bigger model is probably a very good idea. :smileywink:

Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long for it :smileyhappy:

Nabs

DD

ref the IO8 update. If it is done via itunes, you don't need as much space but yes seems the major updates are getting a lot bigger. 

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

jeffkinn

I've put iOS 8 on my 3 year old iPad 2 and that seems to be working fine. There are reports that older iPhones are quite slow after the iOS8 update.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png