Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

Exactly, this is why I was confused. When i was at work, I recieved 3 voicemails from people trying to ring me but my phone had not physically rung once and had not registered any missed calls. I asked my colleague to ring me to see if it would work as I was getting quite frustrated, and it worked just fine..

When I got home, I was not recieving calls again- and they were rather important calls about my car so you can understand how irritating it was getting!! I'd just like to know if it's vodafones fault or apple..

Hope this explains better!

Hi, how is the signal around your home?

Got brilliant signal at work and home. And around the majority of the town I live in.

Hi katherinelau, 

Is this still happening today? We've not had any faults tjhat would explain this reported to us, i think it may be more a case that the signal may have fropped on your handset for a period of time - if you're still missing calls let us know and we can investigarte further.

In the meantime, dial *#105# into your handset and press call - this will displlay a date and time on your screen - the top ones should be within the last 24 hours, and ideally within the last 2 hours - if it isn't then restart your handset to refresh it on the network.

Let me know if you need any more help

Paul 

Hi,

I have received a call this morning, but I have no way of telling if anyone else has rung.

I have just dialled that number you suggested but I'm a bit lost as to what it does? It displayed some numbers etc but unsure what they mean. Can you elaborate?

Thanks

Hi katherinelau, 

The numbers just show the last time your SIM connected to the network. If the date displayed isn’t today’s date then please follow Pauls instructions so that your SIM updates. 

If there was any issue this should hopefully resolve it. If you still experience problems let us know and we'll investigate further. 

Best Wishes, 

Kay

Hi just upgraded to iPhone 5 and having exactly the same problem. Researching online there are other discussions going on about it too For different networks and all suggest the same troubleshooting but none seem to resolve it. Through trying different things it seems to be that if I'm using the phone,I.e Facebook or kindle or messaging the call comes straight through. If the phone is in idle mode it goes to answer machine but if the person immediately calls back it comes through...my husband does this now but very frustrating! Tried this at home by calling my phone and its the same...if the screen is on the call comes through if its gone dark it goes to answer machine. Mine immediately says missed call. Incidentally my husband didn't upgrade and still has his Samsung galaxy and doesn't have the same problems even when our phones anext txt to each at home with full signal and wifi. Any suggestions??

Hi 1penelope,

Thanks for your post here.

Can you confirm what software version you are running?

Also if you deactivate your Voicemail by calling 1210 does the phone ring or not?

If you then reactivate Voicemail by calling 1211 do you get the same issue?

James

Hi thanks for reply its new phone with iOS 6 software I think. Just turned voicemail off using the numbers you have and it just did 1 ring then got a hung up dial tone,no notice on iPhone but issued call logged on screen. Turned voicemail back on and it seems to have done the trick...calls going straight through even when screen idle. Will keep you posted if this is a permanent fix. Thanks tech team.

Hi I'm back and that solution didn't last. When hubby phoned me it went to answer machine so he had to call me again and it goes through 2nd time but this is because he knows there's a problem. Same with my friends calling so problem is still there. There are no software updates for me and as I said it has only been since I changed my phone. Very frustrating:-((