Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incoming Calls on iPhone 5 going straight to Voicemail

katherinelau
2: Seeker
Hey, I've had real trouble with my phone today!! Incoming calls are not coming through and going straight to voicemail and had no record of missed calls, despite having full signal etc. I asked colleagues at work to call me which all came through fine, but they were sat right next to me.. I have not got call forwarding on or anything and texts and iMessages are working fine. Please give me some advice!!

Thanks
Katherine
253 REPLIES 253

minibelle
4: Newbie
Funnily enough my prev phone was 4S, but had new sim for 5 as it nano sim :Smiling:

Yes, mine was a 4s also before I upgraded and got a new sim card.  I also moved networks briefly and ported my number back to vodafone.

I think my phone has had a software update via the engineers with my phone but it is just as bad and intermittent.

minibelle
4: Newbie
Hi Dave, my issue was missed calls didn't even go to voicemail, it just announced that I was unavailable - odder still?

minibelle

My phone just says this number is unavailable when I have the voicemail switched off.  It does seem to make sense if the sim is not refreshing that the calls may not go through but to voicemail if it is switched on instead.

pennym

Well my phone has still been going straight to Voicemail or Number Unavailable.  Vodafone have suggested I try my number on a new standard sim in a different phone to see if I still have the issues.  They have suggested there may be a problem with my 'number' which I ported from Vodafone to Orange and back to Vodafone.

So far my new little phone is working but it normally takes 48 hours after a new sim or phone for the issues to reappear.  I am checking the sim refresh time and date to see if this changes, it has not over the past 6 hours but that may not have anything to do with it anyway.  On this phone I only have one date and time, is that because it is not internet enabled?   I am clutching at straws as so fed up with not being able to use my phone as a phone!

At least if I do still have the problems it will rule out the Iphone 5 being the trouble....I shall give it until Monday and then be back to Apple and Vodafone.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pennym,

Be sure to post back with how you get on as I'm keen to see the outcome of your SIM test in another phone.

Many thanks, Ben

Mellie_wright
Gemma

I've said this several times to several different people in the tech team, I don't see how it can be a network issue. My husband has an iPhone 5 on Vodafone. The same thing happens to him but I don't think it has ever happened to both of us at the same time. There have been many occasions when one of us has been going straight to voicemail and the other receives calls fine when we have been sitting next to each other on the sofa, both phones with full signal!
Can we please stop getting us to change sim and check the network and start looking for other causes, thank you.

Hi all,

@Mellie_wright – If you’re experiencing this issue in more than one location, please see our repair process here.

Thanks,

Gemma

pjo1976
I've been through the network issues several times now, spoken to the vodafone call centre on my works number while I do it, if vodafone are not providing the service they say they should be providing then I do have some comback, believe me, I am going to look into this!!
It's always the same instruction, do this do that, and I'd it happens again repeat, no good, it's either a major network problem or the phones, simple as that!!!

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You're treading a very fine line.  If you don't believe me, there was some coverage the other day on BBC's Don't get done get Dom about issues like this and even the expert that they have said that you are basically stuck with your contract... and we all know that they would say if there was a way out.  Your contract specifically states that they don't guarantee a fault free service.

If you have been through the Troubleshooting guide already, it won't take long for you to post the template and results back here for further investigation. 

Please do be aware that if it is a faulty phone, you still can't get out of your contract as your contract is for airtime only and specifically excludes the phone.

PWIAC