Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet Connection timeout after 3G to 4G Switch

makster88
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I purchased an iPhone 6S unlocked in September 2015.
I switched from Three to Vodafone in November 2015.

I regularly travel around London and notice that whenever I walk into a 4G Signal area, my iPhone status will correctly change from '3G' to '4G' but then whenever I try to use the internet connection, it will attempt to load a page but eventually timeout.

As a result, I then have to put Airplane Mode on/off to resume a data connection. It then connects to 4G successfully.

This issue never happened on the previous network. 

In addition, it never happens if I switch Voice & Data to 3G only

I have already taken these steps to resolve:

- Reset Network Settings on iOS

- Vodafone sent me a replacement sim card. Same issue

- Tried APN settings as both to wap.vodafone.co.uk AND internet

Calling Customer Support just results in them blaming the device. I don't think the issue is truely understood. I also seen this thread reporting it (and tried same steps):

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Apple-iPhone-6S-and-6S-Plus/Internet-connection-stops-working-4G-3G/t...

Thanks
Pete

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @makster88

I use the iPhone 6 Plus. 

It switches both seamlessly from 4G to 3G or below for phone calls and switches back up within seconds back to 4G or what's available when I end the call. 

The same for Internet use. 

Have you considered visiting your most local  store for a diagnostic to be run on it. 

I note it worked seamlessly on Three ? 

As it's unlocked can you try another Uk Networks SIM card in it. Friends of families for example as a process of elimination. 

What is showing regarding the Network Checker for your area ? If it's fringe that maybe the issue. Network checker

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.