Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet Settings iPhone 6S

marc2629
5: Helper

Hello, 

I've bought the phone direct from Apple. The inernet settings havent automatically installed and its asked me to install them manually.

I've followed the guide online for the internet settings here but I cannot see anything about LTE/4G, which is blank incidently. Any help?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marc2629
Problem solved, left them blank and went to an area with strong 4g signal!

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

DD
11: Established
11: Established

Have you inserted the SIM and is it activated. The network should send you a text with the settings. 

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Text WEB to 40127

Device Guides http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/?manufacturer=Apple&type=Phone&model=iPhone+6#

or look at inputting them manually. 

Vodafone iphone APN data settings
HOW TO CONNECT AN IPHONE TO VODAFONE MOBILE INTERNET
An iPhone usually sets up APNs automatically, but if you need to enter them manually, here's how.

From the home screen:

Tap Settings.
In the first section tap Mobile/Cellular.
Tap Mobile data network/Cellular data network.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Mobile/Cellular Data:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
Visual Voicemail:
MMS:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12:8799
MMS Max Message Size - 307200
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the left arrow at the top three times
Press the home button
On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

A1000
9: Established

After a carrier settings update earlier in the year I lost all data access.  A Vodafone shop sorted it for me and entered the sttings and for LTE (Optional) they are all blank which I assume is correct?

Yes SIM has been activated and is inserted. I got a message confirming that I had changed SIMs but it wasn't possible to auto apply the settings and I would have to manually apply them. 

3G internet works fine, could someone with 4G working confirm the settings they have here?

marc2629
Problem solved, left them blank and went to an area with strong 4g signal!

Glad you solved it.  My iPhone 5S regularly drops back to 3G even in London and then takes ages to move back to 4G.  It'll be interesting to see if the 6S is any better at holding onto 4G.