Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet connection stops working 4G/3G

diegosulweb
3: Seeker
Hi all,
I've been customer Vodafone for the last 2 months. I've ported my number over from three. Same phone, an iPhone 6 Plus. I have one of the red bundle contracts
I'm having a very annoying problem. Very often the Internet connection on my phone stops working without any particular reason. The phone still shows plenty of signal, when trying to load a page the wheel would start spinning, but nothing happen. This very often leaves me completely isolated as text messages are likely to be iMessages that use Internet connection, no emails and all that.
I've noticed that it's likely to heppen when changing signal from 3G to 4G and vice versa.

I've tried to contact Vodafone many times regarding this issue, with not much help. They suggested me to swap the SIM card in a store and I did it, but it didn't work.

This is my last chance before leaving Vodafone, would I be allowed to leave without paying a fee considering that they are not providing the service they are supposed to?

Please help
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello and Welcome to the eforum. 

Try resetting the iPhone via Settings-General-Reset-Reset Network Settings. 

Also so check the area your in is not experiencing issues with masts via the Online Network Checker , or is it happening everywhere ? Vodafone Network Checker.

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or Account that may be at fault. 

If you do not have another phone ask a friend or Colleague and if their phones take a different sized sim their are plastic adapters available to make your nano sim into a micro or standard sized sim from the Network shops ,or ask your local Vodafone store if you can try your sim in a store phone. 

If it works ok in another phone then have your own iPhone checked out at an  store. They'll look at it for you at the Genius Bar. If they are busy they'll text you to return normally in the same day. Or you could make an appointment via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ 

If you do not have an  store local then pop into your Vodafone Highstreet Store and they'll send it off for you. Ask if your eligable for a loan phone. 

If your SIM card does not work in regards to Data connection then please contact Customer service on 191 or Live Chat as it would possibly mean you are experiencing a Split Port where some services are working and some are not.

A person can Cancel the Contract within the first 14 days of recieving the phone. After that a Cancellation fee would be applicable.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

diegosulweb
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I've just tried the network reset and I'll monitor it today.
Regarding your other suggestions:
- I work all around the country and I've experienced the problem everywhere.
- I've already swapped the sim in a store and I have the same problem
- the phone is fine I was customer three before with the same phone and I've never had a problem
- my contract is sim only and I've waited now 2 months with several calls to customer service, Twitter and all that. You are telling me that if they don't manage to fix my phone I'll have to wait anyway the end Of the contract. This seems unreal.

Diego

Morning. 

You're welcome for my reply. 

I hope the reset works. 

It could be possible that your iPhone has since developed a fault which a diagnostic via  could rule out. Or try another sim in it. 

Vodafone have a Duty of Care to supply you with working services. All Networks have clauses in their T&C on the lines of the Services not being available everywhere and isn't fault free. 

As you ported from another Network this is what alerted me into thinking this is a Split Port situation which only Live Chat or Customer service on 191 can deal with. 

My other suggestions are processes of Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination.

Vodafones help and support also states a person may be entitled to compensation if the port has issues so please do ask.  

Current Phone  >

Just a thought. 

Can you text WEB to 40127 for the APN Settings. 

Or check them in your iPhone just to ensure they are correct. 

Paying attention particular to Payg and Pay Monthly Specific settings. 

Tap Settings.
In the first section tap Mobile Data/Cellular Data.
Tap Mobile Data Network/Cellular Data Network.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Mobile/Cellular Data:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
Visual Voicemail:
MMS:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12:8799
MMS Max Message Size - 307200
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the left arrow at the top three times
Press the home button
On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

Current Phone  >

diegosulweb
I don't want to say it out loud yet... But after the network reset it seems to work fine!!!

Thanks for your help. You should be on Vada payroll