cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 4 - No sound during calls unless its on loudspeaker or using headphones!

GrahamR1986
1: Seeker

During a phone call I cant hear anything unless i use loudspeaker or plug the headphones in, the person on the other end of the line cannot hear me either!

I have sound when using the ipod, with or without speakers, I've tried a system restore which hasnt corrected the problem - any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi GrahamR1986,

Welcome to the Vodafone eFroum community from all of the team. :Winking_smiley:

To be honest from what you have said and already tried it does sound like the phone is faulty, there are two options open to you in this situation.

Option one - Arrange a free of charge repair via one of our Vodafone stores. (check out the repairs thread for full details)

Option two - make an appointment with the apple genius bar at your local apple store to see if they can repair the fault for you.

James

eForum Team

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem! :Sad_face:

I did do a restore yesterday and then tried ringing again using the phone and it didn't work the first time but then for the next 3 calls that I made I could use the phone and hear the person on the other end of the line.  But today it isn't working again, no matter how many times I try!  I have also used it in the car via bluetooth and switched from bluetooth, to phone, to speaker (on phone) to see if that rectifies the problem and it doesn't.

Looks like I'm going to have to take it in for repair then, I've only had the phone a couple of weeks :Sad_face:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi both!

I've experienced the same problem a few weeks ago.

I did a 'hard reset' and it worked well.

With the phone on, hold down the power and 'home' buttons simultaneously for around 10 seconds until the phone switches itself off and the Apple logo appears. You will see the 'slide to power off' screen but keep holding down the buttons.

The phone will reset itself and this should resolve the problem. I tried this once but it didn't work so left it for 15mins or so then tried it again and it's been working fine ever since.

Even though it's a 'hard reset' you do not lose any data on the phone, texts, contacts, iPod tunes, apps, etc etc.

Hope this will work for you.

Regards

Ahmed

same problem here as well. frustrating as ever. i recently repaired my screen and realized that the #3 connectoer wasn't seated very well. took it apart again, fiddled with the # 3 connector to get  good connection and it works now.

AndreasIoannou
1: Seeker

i fix my iphone with a plastic card very easy ! i post a video with step by step directions !
(Removed as per House Rules)