Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 5 sent for repair under EU Consumer Warranty 2 years

lmckenny
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
My Iphone 5 stopped working on 9th of August (day after my wedding and day before I went on Honeymoon) I went straight to apple to see what they could do but unfortunatly they were too busy to help so had to go on my honeymoon without a phone, unable to take any pictures of my once in a lifetime trip. When I got backon 29th of August I went to apple and waited on a genius to help solve the issue. I was given a new battery and the phone worked again for 3 days until the battery ran out one day and wouldnt switch on again like before. Took the phone back to apple and they opened it up tested it for damages and told me that the phone is faulty and it isnt down to consumer misuse so I can send it back to the retailer (Vodafone) to repair or replace free of charge as it is still under EU Consumer Warranty. The wrote notes for me which I have attached a copy of. I spoke to Vodafone on 2nd of September and gave all my information to have a prepaid envelope sent out. A week later I hadnt recieved the envelope so I phoned again on 10th September and for whatever reason they hadnt sent out the envelope they accepted this was their fault and quickly credited my account £5. They said I should recieve my envelope by Friday 12.09.14 and I did so I posted the faulty handset away with the notes from Apple and the vodafone paperwork with Job No etc. I tracked the repair and it stated on 18th of September my phone had been repaied and was dispatched. I recieved a parcel on Monday 22nd of September and it was a replacement handset with a letter to say that they couldnt repair the phone so they have replaced it and the remaining warranty still applies. I thought this was great until I checked my bill and found out that they had added a £190 charge to my account for the replacement hand set which I did not agree to pay. I have made 5 phone calls to register a call back and I have managed to speak to two people about this, however no one can help me. I have registered to a call back from a manager which I am told can take up to 5 working days to receive. I dont hold out much hope of this as I was promised call backs before and never got them and had to phone and involve more members of staff. I feel powerless as to what I can do now as I would never have agreed to that charge and no one seems to want to help me. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Leanne
1 REPLY 1

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leanne,

Welcome to the eForum and congratulations on your wedding.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’re facing.

So we can access your account, please click here to send us your details.

Thanks,

Gemma