Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 5s unlock

anmolsingh626
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My IPhone is Vodafone UK locked. I want to unlock it in india ,do I need to pay to unlock it or is it free and Can I use Vodafone india sim in My IPhone 5s which is Vodafone UK locked .. Plz reply as soon as possible ... Quick response from your  side will be highly appreciated by me ....

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Vodafone India and Vodafone U.K. Are not linked. 

Your phone locked to Vodafone uk won't accept an Indian Vodafone SIM card. 

To unlock you'll need to follow the form in > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

Vodafone U.K. Do not charge to unlock the phone as long as you fulfil the creteria. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.

An iPhone can be unlocked while your not in the uk. 
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. 
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

My relative who is from UK gave me this phone ... And uses Vodafone UK network in UK ... I live in india and wants to unlock it .... Feel me how can I do it ... Do I need to pay to unlock or is it free ...plz reply

Hi,

Ok.

You cannot unlock it as your not a Vodafone U.K. Customer. 

You cannot circumvent this. 

Your relative can request the unlock if they used the phone on Vodafone Uk. 

Again, unlocking the iPhone by going through Vodafone Uk is free as long as the criteria set out in the link I added previously. This would have to be via your relative. 

If for any reason your relative cannot request the unlock then your stuck. Best advice would be to possibly sell it on and buy one that your Indian Sim will accept. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.