Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 5s won't connect to 4G since returning from abroad

lizziebee88
1: Seeker

Hello,

I have recently returned from a holiday in Italy where I very rarely used my Iphone 5s. I had mobile data and data roaming switched off for almost 10 days. Having returned home to London my phone won't connect to 4G, but drops to 3G, or most of the time E. Prior to going away my connection to 4G was always perfect and I had no problems.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I have tried switching it off for some time and then back on. This seems to work temporarily for 5 mins but doesn't last.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

On the iPhone hold down the Power & Home button together until  Logo shows then release both & the iPhone will reset

Other options are :

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Try manually choosing another network in the phones settings and then change back to Vodafone. 

Are your masts showing as Ok or is this happening everywhere so away from your local masts too ?

Can you please check if you've not already done so what the Vodafone Network Mast Status Checker is reporting for your area.

Please use the Zoom out feature in the map to check surrounding areas for issues.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Process of elimination: Can you try your Sim in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at fault. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.