Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 6 Delivery issues - Mixed messages by Vodafone Staff

MrKnow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good Morning All

I got a phonecall by the Vodafone loyalty team on Monday (if you try to call them back via 191, the department apparently doesn’t exist, same as with the 'promotions' team - apparently they are the upgrades team but are more flexible with regard to handset costs hence I received a free phone instead of paying £79 because I have 2 lines and have been with vodafone for over 15 years)

The phonecall was with in regard to an extra early upgrade, the loyalty team, after about an hour of haggling offered me an upgrade to an iphone 6, £1 extra p/m but it was an upgrade from a 3g to a 4g plan and the took 2 months of my current contract rather than adding it to my new contract + the free handset...good times.

Ideally I wanted an iphone in black, but the phone was on back order for 3 weeks. the White/silver handset was however in stock (she left me on hold for 10mins to apparently "triple check" the availability) I decided to go along with the upgrade, got the usual 5 minutes speech about the t&c's and the delivery was confirmed between 8 and 6 the following day (14/10/14)

Took a day off to receive the handset, I have learnt from the past, if I miss a dpd delivery it's a nightmare to sort out because of where I live. Come mid afternoon no handset, but also no tracking number. I called 191 and they didn’t have a clue about the order. She told me it was not in stock and the delivery date was now the 16th(Today)

I accepted what she told me and arranged for my wife to be home today. Yesterday afternoon though I get 2 messages. The first saying that we'll be in touch with an update in 5 days, not a delivery in 5 days, an update, what the hell!!!! Got another message a few hours later saying that the phone was on a 5 week back order. I am absolutely fuming!! Anyone else experience similar problems? I am getting so many different messages it's ridiculous!!

To add to my nightmare week so far, following my upgrade on Monday I sold my existing iphone 5 and it’s being picked up tonight!! my fault I know, but I have agreed the sale and I keep MY promises!! Oh yes, and my wife is due in 2 weeks and the only means I have of keeping in touch with her whilst in work is my very un reliable Windows 8 work phone!!! I could literally put my head thru the wall I am so annoyed!

2 REPLIES 2

DD
11: Established
11: Established

Sorry to hear this (especially as you have a pregnant wife) but you are unfortunately one of many on here with similiar issues. 

If you have a spare few minutes (pretty sure you don't) you can check the forum for similar issues. 

The best solution is to deal with the chaps at 191 and try obtain a WEB number so you can track the order online (seems to be the only real way of knowing when the phone will come).

Don't mess with stupid people. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi MrKnow, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced. 

Live help can check what's happening with your order. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 

Kay