Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 6 Faulty within weeks

billy162
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi recently upgraded to Iphone 6 {22 days ago} now phone will not hold charge. Goes from 100% to dead within 6 Hours on standby?

Even the apple charger that came with the phone won't charge it.

I've had it on charge for 3 hours tonight and its at only 32%.

I have been sitting in (3Hrs) waiting on one of the Tech team calling me as per arrangement with Live advisor.

I was informed the night before they phone would have to be sent away for repair 4-5 days. But as phone is only 22 days old I think this is ridiculous.

I have 5 contracts for family members and will cancel them if problem is not resolved asap.

has anyone else had this type of problem with new phone going faulty within the first few weeks.

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

What you have been told is correct.  If the phone had become faulty within 14 days, Vodafone would have swapped it out for another one with no questions asked. Outside of this timeframe, they will send the phone off for repair.  You can find out about the repair process by clicking here and following the steps.

If you don't want to send your phone off for repair, you can always arrange an appointment with a Genius at an Apple Store and have them look over the device. 

PWIAC

Thanks for your reply drey_p  im not happy at having to send it for a repair and still be charged £45 per month for a clearly faulty phone. other phone companies would change the phone upto 28 days.

drey_p

Remember that your phone is excluded from your contract - the contract is for airtime only and doesn't include the device!

I also can't really comment on what other providers may or may not do as it doesn't really apply here.  Vodafone allows 14 days for a straight swap or a repair if it is outside of 14 days, we as customers don't really have much say in that. 

PWIAC

I've been trying to contact them since 8pm finally get on to Live Chat at midnight to be told my waiting time is 30 minutes??

their whole Customer Service is a joke..

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

I'm sure no one would be happy to have to send away such a new phone.

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Ensure your on iOS 8.3 the latest firmware. Settings-General-About-Version.

Look at the Battery Monitor to see if it shows a culprit.

Settings-General-Usage-Battery Usage.

If you do have an  store local then book an appointment via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

If it is a fault that can't be rectified in house they'll typically swap out the handset or charger.

Before going create a Back up to iCloud and if you use iTunes via a PC or Mac back up there too.

Best of luck.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.