Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 6 upgrade problems

Srimurthy
3: Seeker
Hi, i recently upgraded to iphone 6, but when I try to access internet while on call, it gives me this message "mobile data connections are not available during this call"

Pls advice if this is iphone 6 problem or vodafone related. And any easy fix this. I tried calling vodafone and they are or no help and online chat id always unavailable.

Pls help.

Sri
9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

When I access internet on my iPhone 6 plus my 4G drops to 3G due to the call ie Calls not over 4G , but I can still have access to Internet pages.

Does this happen everywhere ?

Do you have at least 3G in your status bar ?

Check your masts via https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm as low signal ie gprs or edge will mean some pages will not load.

Process of elimination: Can U try ure Sim in another phone2 rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at fault.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Srimurthy
Hi,

Yes, same problem with me it drops to 3G and suddenly the 3G is disappearing in the Bar.

I didn't try in other places, will check it now.

Thanks

BandOfBrothers
No worries.

The iPhone will try to latch onto the strongest signal available at the time in that particular area.

Mine goes from 4G in a call to 3G and then switches back up pretty quickly to 4G after the call, but I'm in a strong signal area.

Some find that turning Airplane mode setting On and Off if they find the phone is staying on a lower signal strength.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Srimurthy
Hi,

Could some one advice how to resolve this issue, the vodafone support team is quite useless, they just gave this steps. (Which anyone with common sense would have already tried the steps)

----
Dear Customer,

Touch Settings
Touch Mobile or Cellular
Switch Mobile Data or Cellular Data On
Scroll down and touch Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap

Go back to the home screen, then switch the device off and then on again.

Thank You for Calling Vodafone.
-----

I am still with in cooling off period, so i have option to return th phone back.

Pls advise any solution to fix.

Thanks
Sri

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Srimurthy

For all Network issues, please follow the steps requested here.

If this doesn’t  resolve your issue. Please post step 6 on eForum and we'll be in touch.

Thanks,

Mark

Srimurthy
Hi Mark,

Thanks for reply,

I just checked the network status for the postcode and it gives me this.

We're aware of some network issues in your area right now.
---
We've also got some maintenance work planned for your area
Unexpected Legend
We have a number of network issues in this area and are working to fix them now.
---

But my basic question is, if i am using the phone(on call) when i a connected to 4G, would i be able to access mobile data?

Does vodafone 4G supports using mobile data while on call?

Thanks
Sri

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Srimurthy

Vodafone 4G is currently data only.

This means if you're on a phone call, you won't be connected to 4G at the same time.

If you get 3G coverage in the area you're in, you can still access mobile data on 3G while on a call. 

Thanks,

ChazzD

Srimurthy
Hi ChazzD,

Thanks for the reply, But i think you need to educate you chat/customer support team with this info, with out basic knowledge they are giving all kind of option and views. As its waste of time for every one.

Thanks
Sri

Hi @Srimurthy

Thanks for providing feedback, we can certainly pass this on for you.

Please let us know if you have any further queries :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Jamian