Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 6S - Voicemail not working

Kieran801
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I have recently been notified by a number of people that my voicemail service is not working. Whenever they try to call me and I don't answer the phone, the phone just rings until they end the call, with no divert to voicemail. When I end the call myself, they get a message "Sorry, there is no reply." I have tried deactivating and activating my voicemail service using 1210 and 1211 but this doesn't fix the issue. When calling 121 and choosing the option to manage my divert settings, I hear the message "Sorry, we have been unable to set your divert settings at this time, please try again later." I have also tried entering the code **61*+447836121121# and I get the message "Error performing request - Unknown error, Setting registration failed." I have tried calling customer service but they have not managed to solve my issue, so hopefully I can get some guidance on here.

Thanks,

Kieran.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

It maybe worth cancelling all diverts by....

Cancel all diverts
Press Phone.
Press Keypad.
Key in ##002# and press the call icon.
2. Return to the home screen
Press the Home key to return to the home screen.

Then try activating voicemail again. 

Message 3 in this thread may help https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/My-Voicemail-is-not-working/td-p/24064...

If no joy then customer service via 191 or live chat will be able to help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have tried all of these things. I have been on the phone to customer service and live chat a number of time, all of them say the problem will be fixed and still no joy. The voicemail is set up, there is just a problem diverting missed calls to voiemail. Everytime I call 191 or speak to live chat, they offer me no support whatsoever other than saying they have reset my voicemail.

Anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?

AnnS

Hi @Kieran801

From what you have written it looks more like an account issue.

You are going to need an advisor to look at your voicemail account at account level and reset the service.  This will probably mean your voicemail box will need to be totally removed and reenabled on your account.

If you continue to have issues with the customer service channels, please come back to the forum for further help and advise from the Team here.

Further information below.

Support - I can't switch my voicemail on.

I have just spoke to live chat, and the advisor told me he had reset my voicemail box. I received a text telling me that I have opted out of voicemail and if I changed my mind, dial 1211. I waited 15 minutes and soft-resetted the phone. When I dial 1211 I get the same message, "Sorry, we have been unable to set your divert settings at this time, please try again later."

Hi @Kieran801

I will send you a PM and our team will help.

Khizar

Do you ever manage to get this sorted? One of my colleagues at work is having an identical issue and everyone at Vodafone is clueless!

Hi,

It was a problem with wi-fi calling. As soon as i turned this service off the voicemail started working perfectly.

matt_muirhead
Hi can I ask how did you manage to rectify this problem? I've been having the exact same problem for the last year now, I've checked my wifi calling settings and it is already turned off so not sure what else to do.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @matt_muirhead

What happens when you call 1211 to set up your voicemail?

So we can take a look into the account to ensure it's set up for you, please speak with us on Live Chat.

Let us know how you get on.