Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 7 Plus jetblack Postponed?

Gligow
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hey,

I ordered my Iphone 7 plus in Jet Black on the 10th of September and it was supposed to be delivered on the 12th of October to the 21st of October. However yesterday it was postponed to the 9th of November till the 23rd of November. I mean for f**** sake Vodafone, get you delivery dates right. I understand that there are delivery delays from Apple, but then set the delivery date later in the first place and don´t give the customer the hope of getting their iphone this week. Does anyone else have this problem? I am hoping that they will deliver my device earlier but I don´t think that is going to happen. 

:Smiling:
Thankyou!

Regards,

Gligow

25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple have just released the new iPhone's in numerous more countries recently which I imagine is adding further constraints to the supply. The Plus is the most popular iPhone for the first time which is probably making the delivery times worse.

I do agree that Vodafone should've under promised and over delivered to make things easier for you and not get your hopes up but if they had information saying stock would be available and then for whatever reason it wasn't, they probably couldn't have done much about it.

In this case it seems like you're just unfortunate that this has happened.

Thank you for your reply. I agree that is is probably not Vodafones fault that the devices arent ready and I know that apple had mandy Jet Black Iphones send back due to their lack of quality. But I still think Vodafone should have at least sent me an email, explaining why my order is delayed instead of just changing my delivery date. 

Hi @Gligow

We are working very hard with Apple to fill orders.

The Date will change if Apple change their date. 

We are trying to keep customers updated as much as possible on this issue, please keep checking the tracker. 

Thanks,

Sarah 

Ha Ha Ha....oh and Ha!

I am in the same boat, after the initial lies, the tracking page finally said 12th October to 21st October.

It now says 9th November onwards, been charged the upfront cost as well.

Rightly, I went on to Web Chat (which is the worst ever), spoke to someone called "Sohum" - they have sent me a text to say phone will be delivered Friday 21st October and I have chat to prove it.

I know the phone won't be coming...but why oh why!

We get told to get in touch, only to be told lies. Had enough to be honest, just going to wait now until it arrives and then seek compensation which I am rightly entitled to (and not a stupid Power Bank).

Anyway! It is what it is - Stupid :Smiling:

Hi I understand you are having difficulties but Vodafone really needs to take more responsibility

1. I assume Vodafone has been around for many phone launches now, surely they are used to delays? If Vodafone doesn't have information or knows from experience that the information is subject to change then say so instead of showing made up stuff on the tracker.

2. We need compensation, and not just some power bank I could get for £5 on eBay to cover a £1000 phone. I expected my new phone to arrive within the 2-3 weeks listed as my current phone is broken and hardly functioning. I have lost enormous productivity over the months waiting. Also, those with newer phones are losing resale value.

3. Newness aspect. I preordered a phone so I could get it when it just came out. By the time I get my phone, it could be 2 or 3 months since the phone was announced.

I understand everyone is facing shortages but as a company Vodafone is responsible for claims they make and they need to take responsibility when they go wrong. If I buy an item from a shop and it breaks they wouldn't refuse to replace it just because it's some supplier's fault. They would replace it on the spot and figure out their own internal politics later. Please provide honest information (even if that means no information) and compensate us properly.

I agree to 100%.This is exactly what I think.

Hello @william44isme

I completely understand your frustration.

Vodafone will not be compensating customers for the delays in iPhone delivery, this is because this delay is a global issue.

I can assure you that Vodafone are working hard alongside Apple to complete everyone's orders as quickly as possible.

Louise

No disrespect intended Louise_E, you can only go by what you're told.

The shortages are not an issue for EE, o2, 3 and the Carphone Warehouse. Why Vodafone? Perhaps by globally you mean that Vodafone is facing shortages not just in the UK, but elsewhere?

Everyone is aware by now that stock is getting better but for some reason Vodafone are trickling through orders, I think Apple decided that since you were giving the lowest service of all UK networks and apologised for publically, stating that you will do better (When is that going to happen by the way?), made you less important of a partner network for stock this year.

You also say compensation will not be offered, many on this very forum have reported line rental refunds as apology, to upfront costs being slashed or abolished. 

Again, I appreciate you go by what you're told, but it doesn't ring true. At least things are consistent; live chat also put out incorrect information on a daily basis too. 

Without ignoring the first part and jumping straight to this (please reply in full), where does the buck stop, live chat, phone advisors, forum personell? Who is giving you the information that is so full of holes that you only have to read 2 threads on this forum to see through every statement you make, it makes the company look like a sole trader dealing with too many jobs at once, not the streamlined world class company we all hope you will mature into year after year of let downs.

Erm. Why have I been given a power bank (paperweight) worth £39.99 and had the upfront cost of the handset £50.00 and the £4.95 delivery charged removed?

I'm guessing that's just goodwill for my patience, masked as compensation for not knowing how much stock you have and overselling. 

By by the way, the link to the order tracker still doesn't work on an iPad. 

We understand that waiting for your new iPhone can be frustrating. There have been stock delays with Apple and to say thank you for your continued patience, Vodafone will be sending you a free power bank (worth £39.95) with your new phone. Remember, you can track your order by going to www.vodafone.co.uk/trackmyorder and entering your order number UC4-...

You also have no details on my 09/09 preorder and sent me another text on the 24/10 thanking me for choosing Vodafone again.

Because gettting an answer from anyone working for this sheer abomination of a company is like getting blood from a stone I can only assume that you have cancelled my original order in hope that more stock arrives to fulfill the lead time from the 24/10.

no transparency at all..

just scripted robots understanding my frustration when I am not actually frustrated, just in awe of a complete shambles. Just a cult with mindless followers that share misleading information. Kind of like HUMANS.