Ask

Solution

Iphone by Vodafone is Locked

ByVlKing
2: Seeker

have a nice day
I am writing from Turkey.
England want to use from iPhone 5 devices in Turkey but I think vodafone sim card kullanamakt lock sim lock in turkey is frequently active.
But I would appreciate it if you could help too

(Removed due to security)

4 REPLIES 4

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Unlocking the phone is now free but it needs to be used as a PAYG phone of the Vodafone UK network for 30 days before you can apply for it to be unlocked.

Do you know anyone in the UK you can send the phone to who can use it for 30 days? Unless you can get it used for 30 days in the UK you will not be able to apply for the unlocking.

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ByVlKing

Unless you are in a position to be able to use the phone in the UK with a Vodafone UK SIM to register the IMEI against the number, you will be unable to get the phone unlocked.

Perhaps you know someone in the UK who will be in a position to do this for you.

Further info below.

Support - Unlock phone

ByVlKing

I would like first to note that
I do not know if it's available in England.
I got the Turkey and collaboration with customs that entered the Turkey record.
As I said earlier, it is now unlocked phone can not be used by Turkish operators.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @ByVlKing

May I ask who supplied you the iPhone?

I would think the iPhone frequencies would work on your networks chosen frequencies, but it's always best to check what your network uses then look at the specs of the iPhone. 

Have you hooked up to iTunes with your chosen sim in to complete the unlocking process?

Have you been able to input your Apple id onto the iPhone. 

Activation lock would stop a person using their sim on the iPhone if it hasn't been cleared by a previous owner. Apple Activation Lock information.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.