Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone unlock code

KJeC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello
I was wondering if you had any advice for me.
At the beginning of May I filled in the online form to get an unlock code from vodafone for my iphone5c on payg. I had bought it off eBay last October. I was then asked for proof of purchase, so on the 10th may I sent a screen shot of the eBay transaction and the PayPal transaction associated with it. Then I heard nothing for sometime. I didn't check trash or junk as I was dealing with serious family stuff. So after 5 or so weeks I again filled in an online form with imei, phone number etc. ( I had checked the imei and it was a clean phone.) I got an email saying that an unlock code had been issued for that phone and to check trash, junk etc, but as these are wiped after 30 days on gmail, there was nothing there. I then rang customer services who gave me an email address for nucresolutions. They said tell them the whole story. So I did. And last week I got an email reply asking me for proof of purchase!! I re-sent the email reply from 10th may with the screen shots from eBay and PayPal and the imei and the original note I'd sent accompanying it. I haven't heard anything since. I'm now expecting an email to either say they've already issued an unlock code or a request for proof of purchase again. I feel like I'm in a loop and there isn't another human being in there with me.
Any advice anybody.
Katrina

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi. There is no unlock code with an iPhone. Try connecting your phone to iTunes to check there if it's unlocked.

I don't think an eBay screen shot would be acceptable as proof of purchase.

Another way is to insert a Vodafone Payg SIM in the phone, top up with a little money and use it on the network for 30 days, making the odd call/sending the odd text then fill out the form with the Payg number and the unlock will be processed. 

The unlock is carried out by apple and can take up to 30 days.

Thank you for the information.  That makes it clearer

AnnS

Hi @KJeC

The only way you are going to get the phone unlocked will be to order yourself a free PAYG SIM from the website and use it in the phone on the local network for 30 days.

You will then be in a good position to complete the form as PAYG and get the phone unlocked.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @KJeC

If your still able to message the seller of the iPhone they maybe able to request it's unlock. 

As mentioned by @63johnw An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. 
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you. I put an active three SIM card and it has accepted it. So although I never got an email to say I could swap it, it has worked. So thanks again. I would have just kept on waiting and got more and more annoyed. 

Katrina

Thanks