cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is half price Big Value Bundle offer a scam?

MrGio
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good morning. Yesterday (24/5/17) I received a txt from Vodafone which offered a 50% discount off the £10 Big Value Bundle, inviting to reply 'HALFBVB' to 49500 by 26/5/17. I immediately replied and soon after I received a new txt where basically Vodafone said that the bundle offered couldn't be added, offering £2 free credit as an apology.

I noticed that my £20 credit available on my account before my reply to 49500  was then reduced to £17, which made me think Vodafone have actually taken £5 from my credit and then given £2 free (20-5+2=17). That's maths.

After a long chat yesterday and half an hour phone call today,  I had my credit reinstated to £20, but no way to have added the offered £2. In other words, a discounted bundle was offered to me but not available (why? technical issues, said the representative at the phone.....)  and £2 free credit offered as an apology but not given at all. I don't need the £2, thanksfully, nor the 50% discount. But Vodafone let me down this time. Very unfair and unprofessional service. Has anyone else had the same experience? Or anyone from Vodafone feels to offer a decent explanation? Many thanks in anticipation for your contribute.

1 REPLY 1

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MrGio These are usually only sent out to customers who meet the eligibility criteria for the offer.

As you've received the offer, followed by the message apologising, I can only assume that this has been sent to you in error by our system.

I'm sorry that you feel let down by us and thanks for taking the time to let us know. I'd again like to apologise that this has been sent through to you and for the way this whole issue has made you feel. 

If you'd like us to add the extra £2 credit on for you, we'd be able to do this - just let us know. :smileyhappy: 

So we're able to feed this experience back to the relevant team, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent.