Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Laying Down

a1guvner
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all,

i have an iphone 5s, has anyone else had issues when you are on a call and you lay down and you can hear the person your talking to fine but they cant hear you properly.

8 REPLIES 8

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi a1guvner.

Judging by the responses, it looks as though this may be unique to you.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Taking a punt, if your head is laying on something soft it could be muffling the sound enough to make your voice difficult to hear.

How it happens is if i have the phone next to the bed and as i work nights, if i get a call the chances are i will have my head on the pillow, the people i speak to say they can hardly hear me although i can hear them fine but as soon as i sit up the problem goes away and they can hear me fine, very strange as my head position to the mouth piece doesnt change.

kids
So the problem could be that the pillow is muffling some of your voice, as the microphone is not immediately in front of your mouth.

What happens if you move the mouthpiece of the phone so that is in front of your mouth?

Still the same, the only way to rectify it is to sit up but there is nothing to restrict the microphone at all, maybe i should turn it off when im asleep, lol

I should of done this first, just google the issue and there are lots of issues like this, seems to point to the micropohone on the back that next to the light, its meant to be something to do with noise cancelling but could be a hardware fault, what say you Vodafone

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You'd be much better off looking at the official Apple Discussion Forums. Vodafone won't venture an opinion on it.

E.G.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5403315?start=15&tstart=0

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kids

@a1guvner wrote:

, its meant to be something to do with noise cancelling

A noise cancelling microphone  works by balancing the noise from the outside of the unit, if that part of the unit is laying on a pillow or anything else that can muffle the sound then the noise cancelling function will not work, so the sounds will be distorted.