Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lied To By Vodafone re iPhone 7? Take Legal Action

shane12345
11: Established
11: Established

Did you take out a new contract with Vodafone on the basis of a promise of handset delivery on 16th Sept?  Did they take the 'up-front' cost?  Did they start you on a new tariff?

These things are illegal.  The only way we can stop these unethical and illegal practices is to band together and take legal action.

Post here if you've been decieved in this way.

5 REPLIES 5

gio2490
3: Seeker

I have to and am extremely frustrated. I was told that the device was to arrive today, September 16th. 

I spoke to a Vodafone representative today via the online chat and gave me some BS reason that apple shorted the stock and that the wait now is at least 1-2 weeks but cannot confirm a delivery time. 

I feel as if I have been deceived. Knowing I was not going to receive the handset today, I would have gone to the other carrier or purchased elsewhere. At this point, I find myself in a bind needing a new phone due to the status of my current device. 

CraigCh
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Join the club. Took today off to take delivery of a new Iphone 7 Plus only to be told at 1:32am this morning that Vodafone didnt have stock.

I even confirmed with Chat operator yesterday the delivery was going to happen.

I have started cancelling 6 months early 2 accounts with Vodafone this morning on the basis of breach of trust. Vodafone have no excuse. BT Mobile currenlty have stock for delivery tomorrow as 10:24AM 16/09/16 but i dont know how long it will last.

My situation:

Friday 9th

iPhone 7 128gb Jet Black 9am 

Receive confirmation emails and texts same day- all showing an out of date address

Speak to CS who tell me they have sorted out a redirection to correct address on my account

Sat 10th

Speak to CS who say no redirect has been made but guarantee delivery for Friday 16th

Sun 11th

Speak to CS who say no redirect can be made until phone has shipped but guarantee delivery for Friday 16th

Mon 12th

Check with CS and given a promise that iphone will definately be delivered on Friday 16th

Tues 13th

Check again.  Told that phone is definately coming on 16th "100%"

Weds 14th

Speak to CS and they confirm again delivery date is "guaranteed" for the 16th

Thurs 15th

Speak to CS and again attempt to change the address (their error).  Given an "absolute guarantee" that phone will be delivered on 16th.  Told that I have to ring in at 8am on 16th to arrange for phone to be sent to correct address.

Contact work and take Friday off.

Friday 16th

Ring CS at 8am and woman says "yes, i have now changed address and you WILL receive phone today".  I ask for consignment number, she puts me on hold and then drops the call.

Ring back and am now told no phone is coming.  Could be between 2 and 8 weeks, unable to give any more specific information.

WorthyWorthy
I'll happily take legal action.

trayscragg
8: Helper
8: Helper
To be honest I'm that fed up that I've given up on worrying about it.

Hopefully it turns up soon but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

I just argued with a guy at my local Vodafone who blamed Apple , it's a two way argument / don't take people's money if you can fulfil their order ! Simple!

I do agree with you though. Good luck