Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost my iPhone, need the original receipt for insurance

lanawinslow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

need original reciept for my iphone as I have lost it today have imei number and phone number

12 REPLIES 12

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lanawinslow,

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you've misplaced your iPhone. They're certainly not cheap to replace! :Sad_face:

We can supply you with a proof of purchase if you've not got your original receipt which will help you with a third party insurance claim. So that we can get your details securely, could you contact us by following the specific instructions I've sent down via Private Message? You can find your PM inbox here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hello everybody,

I need an information... I lost the original receipt of the purchase of my iPhone and now I need it... Can I have a copy of it? Or some information about the shop in wich I bought it? It would be great! How can I do? I lost the mobile number too but I have the IMEI code or the serial number, hope are the only thing I need...

Thanks for the answer beforehand...

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Did you buy the phone on a contract with Vodafone? If so your mobile number will be on your account.

Are you saying that you cannot remember either the shop or the town / city you bought the phone in, or  have you bought the phone from someone else and need to find the original purchase details?

Yes it's right...! I bought a second hand iPhone 4 and of course I haven't The mobile number and the only thing I know is that the guy who sold it to me bought it with Vodafone contract so now I need The receipt or proof of purchase and I don't know how to have it...

I have another question: if I need to change The iPhone with The second year of warranty I need to contact The shop Who sold The iPhone or just Vodafone?

Thanks again...

kids

Only the person who sold you the phone can supply you with a receipt.The proof of puchase will only be supplied to the original owner otherwise it leaves the system open to abuse.

If the phone in under Apple's Extended Warrany (2nd year)  and develops a faut you will have to contact Apple, The best way is to visit an apple store where they will deal with your problem phone. The phone has only a one year warranty during which time Vodafone will handle the repair but again only for the original owner.

Hi Ben,

I upgraded to an iphone 5 with vodafone online and its recently broken. I've taken it to apple who will repair but because i've forgotten my icloud password they are asking for my receipt of purchase. Is there any way I can get that urgently as I have an appointment on saturday with them again?

Thanks,

Beci

Hi beci_williams,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

I have also lost my iphone 6 plus and it was insured by parcelforce who are asking for non editable receipt with the value of the phone on it (something I have never had from vodafone). Having spent several days on this all i get back from the support department is a PDF editable receipt with no value on it (five times despite my clarity on what I need). I have the IMEI number etc. I need something acceptable to the insurer like a bill/invoice wuth replacement cost on it. Can anyone other than the email support department help??

Richard

Please help me!

I have the same issue - I need my IMEI number for insurance!

but when i went on chat - to talk to an advisor - he gave me an e-mail address that doesn't work!?!?

I'm at the end of my tether!

Help!