Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost phone Found

Firebug
3: Seeker
I recently found an iPhone and need to return it to its owner. It's on Vodaphone but its got a passcode so I can't call anyone to see who it belongs to. How do I go about getting it back to the right person?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Firebug wrote:
Oh I wasnt looking for information on who it belongs to (I'm more than aware of data protection etc.) I thpught it might have been better to give it into a Vodaphone shop than the police, I can't imagine that handling lost phones is high on their priority list. If thats the best course though I will give it to the police, thanks.

The best way to reuinite the phone with the owner is to hand it into a Vodafone store. As you suggest lost phones are hardly going to be a priority for the police whereas Vodadone will be able to trace the owner through the IMEI and serial number.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Very honest of you.

Please hand it into your most local police station.

Vodafone won't be able to say who it belongs to due to data protection.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Firebug
Oh I wasnt looking for information on who it belongs to (I'm more than aware of data protection etc.) I thpught it might have been better to give it into a Vodaphone shop than the police, I can't imagine that handling lost phones is high on their priority list. If thats the best course though I will give it to the police, thanks.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Does the iPhone register as NO SERVICE in its status bar ?

Unless the original owner puts the iPhone into lost mode and sends it a text so the finder can read it and arrange collection even Vodafone will not be able to break the passcode.

You could hand it into the Vodafone shop if you don't have a local police station but I'd stay with handing it into the police.

Even the police won't be able to bypass the security pass lock.

It'll go into lost property I suspect.

Current Phone  >

kids

@Firebug wrote:

The best way to reuinite the phone with the owner is to hand it into a Vodafone store. As you suggest lost phones are hardly going to be a priority for the police whereas Vodadone will be able to trace the owner through the IMEI and serial number.

Firebug
It does say no service, I find it almost comical that its so difficult to return phones to people though I know all the security is to stop people using a stolen device.

BandOfBrothers
The No Service will possibly mean they have used 'lost mode' to remote wipe it and block it and or had the network IMEI block / blacklist it.

No service means they cannot send a text message to it now.

I know what your saying about re uniting a phone with its owner.

I hope they had insurance.

Current Phone  >