Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lying cheating disgrace

JohnProsser
2: Seeker

I'm am absolutely livid at the graceful service I have received over the last 11 months which have some to a head in the last 10 days.
Firstly I had been experiencing all sorts of problems with my voicemails, emails, network connection, web access etc etc. Last Tuesday 23rd Spetember I thought this had finally be resolved as I was told If I resigned a new contract for 24 months a new handset would be provided and hopefully everything would be ok. I went through everything and decided on the iPhone 6 PLUS Silver 128GB. I was told delivery would be 7-8 weeks due to back orders which I understood.
The following day i received a text saying my package was on its way...... Which I thought was weird but then maybe some stock had come in? Thursday came and I thought I wold call to see if it was maybe a SIM being sent rather than the phone. At this point I was told no it was my iPhone 6......... 6?......... I never ordered the 6, i asked for and got confirmation it was the 6 PLUS.

They went back through my details confirmed I had ordered the 6 Plus and that i should sign for the incorrect phone as this was the 'quickest way' to resolve this (Lie 1)
I called the returns team after signing for the iPhone and was told a returns bag would be sent (lie 2) and asked 3 TIMES and it was confirmed 3 TIMES!!! That the correct handset had been rendered into the system for me (lie 3)

I then called on Monday to make sure the bag was on its way but was told it had been cancelled? But I didnt need the bag I could take it into a store, hand it over, get a reference number and then get my correct hand set (lie 4). I waited for an hour in s queue only to be told this was not true!!!'

I called back and was then told my handset was not on order. Tuesday I called to make sure this time the bag was on its way.... Only to be told no it had been cancelled again but again I didn't need it because the quickest way of getting it sorted was a 'Swap out'....... I was told stock would be coming in on Thursday morning, wait until Thursday afternoon to be processed then call and arrange the swap out.

I waited Thursday..... Saw the status change online to 'in stock' and called..............firstly I was told it wasn't in stock (Lie 5) then they were in, getting booked in and a supervisor would call me after 2.30pm to arrange the swap out (lie 6) I called after 3.30pm and was told first the reason I hadn't got the returns bag was I was beyond the 14 day returns................I'd had the phone a week at this point and had been trying to get it back to Vodafone minutes after receiving it. I was told there was no stock (lie 7) Told to keep the iPhone 6 because the processor wasn't strong enough in the 6 PLUS to power everything!!!!! (Lie 😎 placed on hold and then cut off after 45 minutes.

I made 4 calls into Vodafone on the Thursday each i was kept on hold for over 45 minutes 3 of which I was cut off.

I asked for a PAC number to leave, was passed between different departments. Then got a guy that said he would send the returns bag which would take 3-5 days.... The text confirmation arrives stating 10 days. (Lie 9) and that he'd never heard of a swap out (Lies 10,11,12 as was told by numerous people)
I went online and every person i chatted with confirmed that the iPhone 6 Plus Silver 128GB was in stock!!!!! When ai called pretending I wanted a new contract.... 2-4 day delivery, then moment I asked if I could then get my incorrect phone swap in that case...... The phone was no longer in Stock!!!!!!!

Vodafone are an absolute disgrace!!!!! Bare faced lying!!!! I could tolerate a mistake being made.....

(Removed according to House Rules) happens but I have been continually lied to by Vodafone and that's not acceptable!!!

I will be hitting the social media sites.... This is the first, I will be telling everyone I know to avoid Vodafone!!!! I will be highlighting this to the Ombudsman!!!

Lying cheating disgrace Vodafone!!!

John Prosser

4 REPLIES 4

JohnProsser

I'm am absolutely livid at the graceful service I have received over the last 11 months which have some to a head in the last 10 days.
Firstly I had been experiencing all sorts of problems with my voicemails, emails, network connection, web access etc etc. Last Tuesday 23rd Spetember I thought this had finally be resolved as I was told If I resigned a new contract for 24 months a new handset would be provided and hopefully everything would be ok. I went through everything and decided on the iPhone 6 PLUS Silver 128GB. I was told delivery would be 7-8 weeks due to back orders which I understood.
The following day i received a text saying my package was on its way...... Which I thought was weird but then maybe some stock had come in? Thursday came and I thought I wold call to see if it was maybe a SIM being sent rather than the phone. At this point I was told no it was my iPhone 6......... 6?......... I never ordered the 6, i asked for and got confirmation it was the 6 PLUS.

They went back through my details confirmed I had ordered the 6 Plus and that i should sign for the incorrect phone as this was the 'quickest way' to resolve this (Lie 1)
I called the returns team after signing for the iPhone and was told a returns bag would be sent (lie 2) and asked 3 TIMES and it was confirmed 3 TIMES!!! That the correct handset had been rendered into the system for me (lie 3)

I then called on Monday to make sure the bag was on its way but was told it had been cancelled? But I didnt need the bag I could take it into a store, hand it over, get a reference number and then get my correct hand set (lie 4). I waited for an hour in s queue only to be told this was not true!!!'

I called back and was then told my handset was not on order. Tuesday I called to make sure this time the bag was on its way.... Only to be told no it had been cancelled again but again I didn't need it because the quickest way of getting it sorted was a 'Swap out'....... I was told stock would be coming in on Thursday morning, wait until Thursday afternoon to be processed then call and arrange the swap out.

I waited Thursday..... Saw the status change online to 'in stock' and called..............firstly I was told it wasn't in stock (Lie 5) then they were in, getting booked in and a supervisor would call me after 2.30pm to arrange the swap out (lie 6) I called after 3.30pm and was told first the reason I hadn't got the returns bag was I was beyond the 14 day returns................I'd had the phone a week at this point and had been trying to get it back to Vodafone minutes after receiving it. I was told there was no stock (lie 7) Told to keep the iPhone 6 because the processor wasn't strong enough in the 6 PLUS to power everything!!!!! (Lie 😎 placed on hold and then cut off after 45 minutes.

I made 4 calls into Vodafone on the Thursday each i was kept on hold for over 45 minutes 3 of which I was cut off.

I asked for a PAC number to leave, was passed between different departments. Then got a guy that said he would send the returns bag which would take 3-5 days.... The text confirmation arrives stating 10 days. (Lie 9) and that he'd never heard of a swap out (Lies 10,11,12 as was told by numerous people)
I went online and every person i chatted with confirmed that the iPhone 6 Plus Silver 128GB was in stock!!!!! When ai called pretending I wanted a new contract.... 2-4 day delivery, then moment I asked if I could then get my incorrect phone swap in that case...... The phone was no longer in Stock!!!!!!!

Vodafone are an absolute disgrace!!!!! Bare faced lying!!!! I could tolerate a mistake being made..... (Removed according to House Rules) happens but I have been continually lied to by Vodafone and that's not acceptable!!!

I will be hitting the social media sites.... This is the first, I will be telling everyone I know to avoid Vodafone!!!! I will be highlighting this to the Ombudsman!!!

Lying cheating Vodafone, you are a disgrace

John Prosser

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

STOP spamming the boards please.  You only need to post once.  Posting mutliple times will not get you a response any quicker, in fact it will actually slow down the response time for yourself and others. 

PWIAC

Hi All,

We've recently removed a few post's from this thread for breaching our House Rules. Whilst we encourage conversation within the community, there are certain rules everyone must follow. This ensures the forum remains suitable for everyone, as well as being free from excess clutter.

The person whose post has been removed has been contacted privately.

If you're unfamiliar with the House Rules, please take a minute to view themhere.

Thank you

Matt

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JohnProsser,

I'm sorry about the trouble you've had. Please get in touch here so that we can help further.

Thanks,

Sukhi