Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app trouble

General_Store
2: Seeker

My Vodafone app will not display when my data allowance renews. Every day it states in will renew in "0 day". Vodafone help don't even after several contacts. :Sad_face:

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Are you a new customer after joining from another network?

If not.....Has it worked in the past ?

If you've used Live Chat for help then call 191 Customer service for more help or visa versa. 

Is your online myvodafone option working as it should ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Vodafone recently switched my long term business account to a private account once I retired. All features now work on the app except

the data renewal countdown. 191 failed to resolve as did online chat. Each time the call centre assures me it has been fixed but to no avail. As my SIM only contract is just 250mb of data per month I really need to regularly monitor my usage. I'm fed up of seeing 'Data allowance renews in 0 day' each and every time I check the app. Please help.

How long ago did they switch accounts? I ask as it could take until your next bill is produced for your app to catch up. 

May I ask again is your online myvodafone option showing correctly. 

In the interim your iPhone has an internal data monitor where you can see what's using what. Make sure it's reset as each allowances refresh. 

And, 

Alternatively, you can check your remaining allowances by calling free from your Vodafone mobile.

Call 44555 if you’re a Pay monthly customer.

May I add that 250mb data allowance is quite low as a smartphone is typically updating in the background , location services etc which uses data  

A phones settings can be tweaked to control data use. 

Along woth turning off Mobile Data in the phones settings. 

Also Data Capping can be applied on Pay Monthly contracts bought after 5 May 2016

What-are-the-data-caps.

Current Phone  >

General_Store
I switched accounts last month, not sure when.

My Vodafone online states all my data use age minute by minute but not when it renews.

I appreciate how to be frugal on data usage and that 250 isn't much hence why monitoring for me is essential. Maybe I need to wait a while longer until my account is fully established ??

Yes it can occasionally take for the first bill to be produced for the App then to catch up. 

Your welcome in regards to the tips on data usage and other options on how to self monitor. 

Current Phone  >

I truly appreciate the trouble you have taken Lee helping me out. Thank you, I will give it time to fully establish my account and if I get further problems in that regard I will post again. :smileyhappy:

AnnS

Hi @General_Store

If your account transferred over last month and the first bill for the changeover from business to consumer has been received, your account will be established and there is no reason to be unable to monitor your usage through your online account and through the phone application.

It may be worth mentioning that your data allowance will have the same renewal date as your minute and texts. On your online account, you should see the minutes and texts you have used, the data you have used for the monthly period and the date the monthly allowances will end.  Your new monthly allowance for minutes, texts and data will start the following day.

It may be worth making sure you have the latest edition of the My Vodafone installed on your phone to monitor your usage, this can be done from your online account.  You will then be able to see how much data you have used and remaining.

Please remember the online or phone application cannot be relied upon, it can sometimes take up to 72 hours to catch up with usage.

With 250 mb being a small amount of data, the best way of to turn off your mobile data where possible and only use WiFi.

It is unclear how your data usage can be showing minute by minute, data is calculated by the mb and not by the minute.

Great info. Thank you :smileyhappy: