cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My iPhone is blocked by vodafone, will it work abroad?

zubia51
2: Seeker
I bought a phone off of eBay and it turns out it is blocked by Vodafone uk. So I'm thinking of selling it abroad, will it work abroad in countries like Pakistan?
14 REPLIES 14

zubia51
I did but they can't do anything. I'm going abroad so I'm asking if it will work there so then I have some use to it

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@zubia51 wrote:
I did but they can't do anything. I'm going abroad so I'm asking if it will work there so then I have some use to it

You'd need to check the T&C's of ebay as I believe there is a certain timeframe to raise a dispute. 

How long ago did you purchase it ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

@zubia51 wrote:

You'd need to check the T&C's of ebay as I believe there is a certain timeframe to raise a dispute. 

How long ago did you purchase it ?

If as the purchaser indicates he knew that the IMEI was blocked and accepted the phone on that basis eBay will not raise a dispute.
Many eBayers sell phones with blocked IMEIs for spares so it is nothing unusual.

zubia51
I bought it off of gumtree which said eBay on the link. And the phone is not iCloud locked, it's only blocked by vodaphone when I called to check so is there any use of it when I go abroad?

BandOfBrothers

@zubia51 wrote:
I bought it off of gumtree which said eBay on the link. And the phone is not iCloud locked, it's only blocked by vodaphone when I called to check so is there any use of it when I go abroad?

No

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.